Royal Mail post thefts Sheffield

Is anybody else having issues with their post arriving in Sheffield? I live in S6 and have been having problems with it for a while but it has become absolutely appalling over the last year or so.

Basically if there is anything that can be stolen it gets stolen. I tell people never, ever to use Royal Mail to send me things, but they do. Anything that is not properly registered (including recorded delivery) is stolen if there is the vaguest chance there is something worth stealing in there. My family know only to send me unsealed birthday cards, so the thieves can look inside, see there is no money and then replace it and send it on. If cards are sealed they don’t arrive, presumably they are ripped open to see if money is in them then discarded. Parcels, forget it, they never come. Someone at my work sent a passport via recorded, that went missing too.

It just seems absolutely constant, it’s getting beyond a joke.

It seems like now post being stolen is the norm rather than the exception. The only thing that arrives okay is bills. It’s driving me nuts.

They don't really have much of a response, more of a fob off, if it's not recorded. E.g. apologise, say there's not much they can do because it wasn't recorded.

im in s6 we have a lot of parcels come here not had a problem, but i do see since xmas we getting different post men as we normally do

Buy some of those paint bombs, the kind banks use to protect money in transit.

Have you family send it you, then pop down the delivery office and see who's got a green face from trying to rob the package.

I live in S6 and nobody I know has had any complaints about their post either not arriving or being damaged. You must be just unfortunate.

It can be just the one delivery postman or woman. I used to get a magazine nicked regularly. Then the postman changed and it stopped. A year or two later it happened again after another change. Then it stopped. Then it started. Now it's okay.

You read about postal workers who don't deliver mail but hoard or dump it instead. Find out who your postman is (might be difficult if they never visit your street) and ask them if they know what a letter box is.

They don't really have much of a response, more of a fob off, if it's not recorded. E.g. apologise, say there's not much they can do because it wasn't recorded.

I sent a letter by recorded delivery last August

According to the tracking number it's still at the post office I took it to. Royal Mails response was " recorded delivery doesn't guarantee delivery" it must be missing.

So I paid £1.44 for nothing. I had to resend by special delivery costing me £7.20

It is possible to put a tracking device in envelopes.

Occasionally I do mystery shopping which can be visits to shops, restaurants, banks etc. Sometimes these can also involve postal 'mystery shops' - this is where a company, say ABC Products used xyz courier to deliver their promotional mail.

ABC Products pays the mystery shop company to check the deliver of the mail and where it has been. ABC Products post what looks like a normal envelope of info to me but amongst the papers is a tracking device (smaller than a playing card and just a few mm thick). xyz courier delivers it to me - I complete the online mystery shopping survey eg was the envelope clean, undamaged etc. I then post the tracking device back via Royal Mail.

ABC Products can check where the envelope has been ie route taken and time taken to deliver from the tracking data

Long way of saying that you can get tracking devices which Royal Mail might use to track where your post is going to if you complain to them and maybe the Police too. I know Royal Mail have done it before to track thieves

as I wrote that I realised I could get the link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11369426/Thieving-postman-caught-by-iPad-tracking-device.html

I've had several items go missing in August and October. Mainly children's clothing, but also a tenancy agreement. I live in Crookesmoor. Nothing cane of a formal complaint, but nothing else has gone missing since.

I live in S6, Cannock Street and the postwoman is great, friendly and never had a problem with missing deliveries or items delivered damaged or open