Coach full of British schoolchildren 'ATTACKED by Calais refugees

Oh 'lines' has form on here too. Good to see it wasn't personally at me then.

Is that you being facetious again?

Oh 'lines' has form on here too. Good to see it wasn't personally at me then.

Nah I think I wasted more time (should make you feel beter), but have now given up. I think its just SF as compared to other forums. Graves Park looks much better.

Then you need to cease from starting wars abroad. Part of this crisis is a creation of the west (justified or not).

If you want to conduct international trade, then yes it is an international issue because an unstable world will mean it becomes even harder to conduct commerce. If the muslims are such a threat it wont be long before there are even bigger regions in the world that are at war and even larger movements of populations seeking to flee conflict.

The UK will find it a bit difficult just trading with itself.

I agree we should stop interfering in the Muslim world and not starting wars with dictators - who we now know were keeping a lid on a far worse madness - should be lesson number one. However, you've ignored the fact that letting people in from those troubled regions is no cure to the cultural and religious issues that cause the violence and the poverty. Allowing them to come here doesn't make the world any more stable, it makes it less stable because it makes the West less stable. In fact it is going to lead to an unstoppable rise in right wing extremism and racial/cultural violence if we don't stop this now.

When are the liberal elite going to open their eyes and see that if they keep pushing their multi-cultural dream it is going to turn into a horrible nightmare?

Then you need to cease from starting wars abroad. Part of this crisis is a creation of the west (justified or not)..

What wars did we start abroad that has caused the influx of people from Syria?

What wars did we start abroad that has caused the influx of people from Syria?

The Iraq war had very poor post war planning. The regime left in power after Saddam was weak and misguided, which in turn was unable to control the population with its borders, which in turn allowed militia groups, which were able to appeal to the isolated Sunnis, who in turn were able to build strength and expand into IS.

Part of the Syrian crisis is caused by support from the west for the pro democracy and opposition factions. I am not saying its wrong, but sanctions and diplomatic involvement bolstered the opposition into what is now a civil war. The consequence of this is people fleeing conflict as this always happens.

This is why everyone recognises the only solution is a diplomatic one where the civil war can be ended, although that in itself is a power struggle between the pro Assad and pro democracy factions.

The Iraq war had very poor post war planning. The regime left in power after Saddam was weak and misguided, which in turn was unable to control the population with its borders, which in turn allowed militia groups, which were able to appeal to the isolated Sunnis, who in turn were able to build strength and expand into IS.

Part of the Syrian crisis is caused by support from the west for the pro democracy and opposition factions. I am not saying its wrong, but sanctions and diplomatic involvement bolstered the opposition into what is now a civil war. The consequence of this is people fleeing conflict as this always happens.

This is why everyone recognises the only solution is a diplomatic one where the civil war can be ended, although that in itself is a power struggle between the pro Assad and pro democracy factions.

Sorry but you said: Then you need to cease from starting wars abroad.

My question to you is what wars did we start.

I agree we should stop interfering in the Muslim world and not starting wars with dictators - who we now know were keeping a lid on a far worse madness

There is a very good geopolitical argument for leaving evil dictators and despots to get on with suppressing, torturing and murdering the people who disagree with them inside their own borders.

But all those were in reality caused by despicable tyrants ruling under the guise of religion.

Also in each circumstance we were taking asylum seekers fleeing for their lives, begging us to do something about it, and why wouldn't we want to help such people in distress.

The asylum seekers were / are Muslims being persecuted by other Muslims, yet somehow by trying to help everyone gets blamed except the perpetrators.

Sorry but you said: Then you need to cease from starting wars abroad.

My question to you is what wars did we start.

Youve had your goodwill post. Youll see Eric asked me to clarify and I changed the phrase. Can you make a case the west voluntarily started the second Gulf war? Yes I think you can, especially the second one. It doesnt mean they were without justification, just that they are wars they voluntarily became involved in.

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 15:12 ----------

But all those were in reality caused by despicable tyrants ruling under the guise of religion.

Also in each circumstance we were taking asylum seekers fleeing for their lives, begging us to do something about it, and why wouldn't we want to help such people in distress.

The asylum seekers were / are Muslims being persecuted by other Muslims, yet somehow by trying to help everyone gets blamed except the perpetrators.

Except you are missing the point which was being made to Zamo, which he agrees with. You cnat moan about refugees fleeing from conflicts you have helped create.

... It doesnt mean they were without justification, just that they are wars they voluntarily became involved in.

That logic is twisted if it was justified.

Also, still only blaming the West for the mess of the Middle Eastern Muslim countries.

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 16:23 ----------

... Except you are missing the point which was being made to Zamo, which he agrees with. You cnat moan about refugees fleeing from conflicts you have helped create.

Helped create, or tried to help solve after being asked, and attacked.

I'm all for helping refugees, personally I think its better for them to stay and help sort the country out with our assistance, its their country and if all the good people leave then its only going to get worse and only contain bad people.

Also, the issue is many so called refugees aren't refugees.

And then there are the customs, I'm not talking about basic peaceful religious customs, I'm talking about ***** who think throwing bricks at moving cars will get them what they want, those who believe mass rape is ok, etc...

As you say, why is it an issue simply because it was a bus load of children:

a) should we be any more bothered if there are children in the sinking refugee boats, YES

b) every single incident is an atrocious attempted murder, but with so much mayhem going on in the world, its an indictment on society that only stories about children are still shocking. Reading the paper today I must have read about 5 bombings on clearly innocent people.

Edited by lines
without to with our

Youve had your goodwill post. Youll see Eric asked me to clarify and I changed the phrase. Can you make a case the west voluntarily started the second Gulf war? Yes I think you can, especially the second one. It doesnt mean they were without justification, just that they are wars they voluntarily became involved in.

Again you fail to answer my question.

You stated "Then you need to cease from starting wars abroad."

You use the plural but only give one example which is easily debunked by it being connected to the first Gulf war that was clearly started by Iraq. The Uk and US wanted to remove Saddam back in 1991 but was stopped by the UN.

So, your first example is pretty thin, where are the rest?

That logic is twisted if it was justified.

Also, still only blaming the West for the mess of the Middle Eastern Muslim countries.

You have an inability to follow arguments. How come Zamo can see it instantly and you always struggle. The issue is if you get involved in other peoples conflicts then there are consequences involving the movement of people amongst other things.

No I wasnt only blaming the west, this is just you making it up again, thats why you are so obnoxious. I was talking about the west becayse the complaint was about consequences affecting the west i.e refugees.

It wouldnt do you any harm if you went away and read a few history books.

Edited by 999tigger