Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall announce engagement

I just hope there isn't a "sextape" I don't think I could handle seeing rupe after he's taken off his leopard-skin thong,

I just hope there isn't a "sextape" I don't think I could handle seeing rupe after he's taken off his leopard-skin thong,
Ain't you ever heard of GILFs? :confused:

For the record, I'm very sorry I even know what it means :blush:

Thats nearly brought up my lunch.

Thats nearly brought up my lunch.

As Michael Jackson one said. "Someone had it in for me"

I suspect Jerry Hall knows him better than you do.

Considering she's engaged to him and I've never met him, I'd say that that was a good guess! :hihi:

It is actually very interesting to consider inheritance tax. If Murdoch left $15 billion to his kids there would be $6 billion bill for inheritance tax. But if he left it to his wife there would be no tax bill whatsoever.

She would then be free to pass it on as she saw fit, or as agreed withing the constraints of the tax system. If she handed the whole lot to Murdochs heirs and lived for a further 7 years there should be no tax liability.

Indeed Jerry Hall at 59 could even in the future marry one of Rupert Murdoch's own children and leave them all his money again tax free.

Highly fanciful and simplistic. Inheritance would not work like that.

In any event he makes his spouse sign a pre-nup.

Highly fanciful and simplistic. Inheritance would not work like that.

In any event he makes his spouse sign a pre-nup.

I also wonder how much of Murdoch's wealth is made up from the value of his businesses?

It is actually very interesting to consider inheritance tax. If Murdoch left $15 billion to his kids there would be $6 billion bill for inheritance tax. But if he left it to his wife there would be no tax bill whatsoever.

She would then be free to pass it on as she saw fit, or as agreed withing the constraints of the tax system. If she handed the whole lot to Murdochs heirs and lived for a further 7 years there should be no tax liability.

Indeed Jerry Hall at 59 could even in the future marry one of Rupert Murdoch's own children and leave them all his money again tax free.

Do you not think that someone with Murdoch's wealth has already thought about IHT and has done as much as possible to mitigate it?

I also wonder how much of Murdoch's wealth is made up from the value of his businesses?

He didnt get rich by paying the tax man. Uou can bet he has always had an army of accountants and the assets are helod in a variety of international trusts all over the world. he will also have started transferring the assets so his children retain control. He's a US citizen and it could well be that significant estates end up doing a deal with the tax authorities.

300 companies in 80 countries. $12 billion.

Aren't you glad you haven't all that money to worry about?

Which I read is a 45 year period- he's 89.

Surely the new owners will be pretty certain Hugh will not be around to fulfil that contract.

Im fairly sure it said that it had been his home for 45 years, not that he stayed in it for another 45..