Recommend a tutor? No advertising or self promotion

I would say 8 is a bit young for private tuition as kids develop at different levels. If you make him do extra lessons now he may start hating the subjects. I've seen kids who have been perceived as falling behind in primary who have excelled in GCSE as they learn focus as they get older. Kids need to be kids sometimes. You could try getting some games (or making them up) that involve him practising maths and English skills.

Looking for a private tutor to help my son in English and Maths as he is finding it difficult to focus and is falling behind in school, I do try my best to help him but I want a professional to boost him up also. I am based in the S3 area and looking Ideally for someone on the weekend. please message me your contact details or post for if you require more details.

Thanks in Advance

I've no idea if 8 is too young or not for tuition, but there's a place at the bottom of Greystones Road which opens weekends...

https://www.explorelearning.co.uk/tuition-centre/sheffield-ecclesall-road/

might be an alternative to one to one tuition. Just an idea.

I would say 8 is a bit young for private tuition as kids develop at different levels. If you make him do extra lessons now he may start hating the subjects. I've seen kids who have been perceived as falling behind in primary who have excelled in GCSE as they learn focus as they get older. Kids need to be kids sometimes. You could try getting some games (or making them up) that involve him practising maths and English skills.

That's a bit of an odd sentence. You've contradicted your own logic?!

That's a bit of an odd sentence. You've contradicted your own logic?!

It probably should have said rates. I have known lots of children both personally and professionally that have struggled academically in primary school but excelled later on in life when they have matured and are able to focus more. I have also seen many cases where making young children study when they don't want to can make them hate the subject (obviously as children get older then sometimes they need to study more to ensure they stay on track but I would say this should start in secondary school).

A good friend of mine has been using the learning centre within Sainsbury's on Halifax Road for her 7 year old boy, and she says she's very impressed with the progress he has made.

Dont go to explore learning in SAinsburys my daughter went for a year £119 a mth and its crap they just stick them in front of a pc the whole time

Kip Mcgrath is great, my daughter has come on leaps, it has recently moved to London Road, there is one on eccy road too, good staff and way more attentive than Explore and no 8 is not too young, its never too young to help your kids, but I recommend learning in a fun environment rather than 1 on 1 learning at that age.

Hi,

I am looking for some outside tutoring for a 7 year old in both Maths and English and would welcome any recommendations. We are based in Bradway s17 and would be looking for 1.5 to 2 hours a week split over 2 days if possible.

Hi. Any luck? I'm new to the forum so I can't private message you. I'm based in norton lees. Would be happy to have a chat with you if you are still looking?

Thanks,

Jake

My son in fast approaching his GCSE’s in May.

We are looking for a tutor for both maths and English.

We live at Halfway, S20, but can travel to an existing class/group.

Ideally looking for 1-2 hours p/w for the next 7 weeks.

Please let me know if anyone can help or recommend someone.

Many thanks,

Just a reminder that the thread is for recommendations not for self promotion.

Good Maths Tutor can change the results. Never be late.

Resit GCSE exam in November will be more difficult.

Support your children as much as you can, NOW.