Recommend a tutor? No advertising or self promotion

Posts have been removed. This thread is for recommendations, nothing else.

If you cant be helpful then please dont post.

Thank you.

Thank you Nikki-red x

---------- Post added 21-03-2018 at 18:59 ----------

Nikki-red.....Hi again, shame the offensive person isn’t giving up. Certainly putting me off posting in future!

Regards

We used Tutorful a few months ago to find a tutor and can't fault the service

I know Leap Tutoring on Ecclesall Road http://www.leaptutoring.co.uk. It's small groups (6 max I think) and done by qualified teachers, but still about £12/h so way cheaper than Kip and qualified tutors, unlike Explore .

Kids find it fun and engaging as they're not sat in front of a PC, and they learn good Maths and English skills. Not sure what age group they do (apart from KS2)

I think they even do confidence building, revision/ exams, study skills sessions, etc.

Does anyone know of any Geography or Business tutors (A levels) in the S10 or S11 area. Googled some tutor sites but the tutors on there don't actually seem to be teachers.  

Does anyone know of a History tutor  (For Edexcel GCSE) in the S11 area. Googled some tutor  sites but thetutors  on there don't actually seem to be teachers. Thanks. 
Edited by sid1
Spelling

On 19/11/2016 at 18:05, growup said:

It probably should have said rates. I have known lots of children both personally and professionally that have struggled academically in primary school but excelled later on in life when they have matured and are able to focus more. I have also seen many cases where making young children study when they don't want to can make them hate the subject (obviously as children get older then sometimes they need to study more to ensure they stay on track but I would say this should start in secondary school).

You're still contradicting yourself, whether you say "rates" or "levels" - because on one hand you are saying all kids are different (develop at different "rates" or "levels") and then in the next sentence you're saying they should all be treated the same (no tuition till secondary school age).  

Yes children do develop at different "rates" or "levels" and no one is disputing that.  What we are talking about here, are children who would clearly benefit from a bit of extra help.  And this is usually a discussion between parents and teachers.  At least it was in our case.  There's a limit to how much time a teacher can spend with an individual child when class sizes are of 30 or more kids. 

I think you'e got a negative view on tuition tbh.  I'm pretty sure our youngest was about 8 or 9 when we got him some extra help with Maths.  He was definitely still in Primary School.  It was never a case of "making him study when he didn't want to".  The tutor, a middle-aged lady, came to our home and spent an hour with him once a week.  She made it fun and exciting and he really looked forward to it.  We had her for about a year and it made a huge difference to his understanding and enjoyment of the subject.  

My own personal experience was that I started to fall behind in Maths in primary school and I never really recovered from that.  I almost developed a phobia about the subject and hated it all the way through school.  Yes I became better at it as I got older and more mature, but I'd have loved to have had some help with it in my younger years, I'm certain I'd have enjoyed it more and done better at it later on.

Hi

I am looking for a tutor for my daughter who is studying for her GCSE History exam this year.  Can anyone recommend a good tutor?

Thanks

Desperately trying to find a KS3 Maths and English Tutor for 11 year old. We have tried searching online and asked through the school but nothing. 

It would be helpful if someone could recommend a tutor they have used in the past. Thank you for your help in advance.

Not sure if this is the right place (and mods please let me know where I should put this if this is not appropriate here) but I'm looking for an A level maths tutor for my daughter - if anybody has any recommendations I would be grateful for their contact details;  pm me please. Thanks

If anyone is interested we have a truly amazing English Tutor for our daughter -  PM me for info. Posting here because (i) we are very happy with them (ii) they are growing the private tutoring provision,  have capacity for more students and I offered to help spread the word

Our daughter has gone from scrapping 5s at GCSE and not liking English, to it being her favourite lesson - the tutor is so enthusuastic its infectious

Also, because the tutor helped her understand how to answer questions her grades  in other subjects like geogrphy have improved

Guest makapaka

Hi can anyone recommend a maths tutor for gcse years.

thanks