Sunday 10th July

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

ALL CAR BOOTS ARE NOW TICKET ONLY

Cars £7 in advance, £8 on day

Vans £10 in advance, £11 on day

Only 100 spaces available

Please join our Facebook page for up to date information on ticket sales

https://www.facebook.com/HillsArena/

We aim to allow sellers on site usually from around 7.00am, as soon as all our staff and volunteers are in place.

Please note when letting sellers in we will try and let the people waiting in the top car par park first but our priority is always going to be to keep the main road clear.

http://www.hillsborougharena.co.uk

info@hillsborougharena.co.uk

Is twin oaks on this Saturday? Hopefully good weather so we can sell.

Which is the best biggest carboot? I normally go to Oldcotes but want a change.

Hope is tiny (or it was last time i went).

Hope someone replies.

Thank you

Hi I'll stick my head above the parapet, and give ya my two penance worth. If you are used to Oldcotes then you are going to be struggling to find a boot as big as Oldcotes can get. The only one to get near would be Twin Oaks on a Saturday, on the right day it can be extremely busy. Pros, later start 10.00 and if your there early enough, you can stretch out side on. Cons, can be a nightmare to get out of, only one way in and the same way out, it can be fun and games if everyone ups and leaves altogether!!!! They are others on a Saturday, but I've not been to any other than Twin Oaks.

On Sundays the bigger ones are at the footy stadiums at Chesterfield and Doncaster, both can get very busy. Donny is more of a market with a boot added on, space can be tight, selling sideways costs extra £2. While Chesterfield starts late-ish, 7.30, but sellers can arrive any time from 5am onwards to get in the queue. Space is tight, selling from the back of the car, always enjoyed Chesterfield, which when rain is forecast can be moved inside under the stands.

Elsewhere, of those I've attended, Thorpe Hesley can be very good, need to queue early 5am onwards, getting in and out can be awkward sometimes. Not a huge boot, but well run, and well attended.

Not been to Hillsborough Arena for a while but it was OK last time I attended. Not been to either Tesco boots, nor Paces, so can't really comment.

The boot out at Hope I have always found to be very good, and will head in that direction whenever possible. Still a fiver to stand, and no restrictions on space. They have had their probs with the weather, and their phoneline this year, I've turned up once this year to find no one there!!!! Luckily I have been able to trundle over to Bakewell and set up at Lady Manners. Only held once a month, but always found it to be productive.

Thats my two penance worth, already to be shot down, hope it sheds a little light on things :P.

One car boot I'm not sure if you would be interested in, is out at Fitzwilliam, on Catchpenny Lane, on a Wednesday. A fair sized boot, well attended for a mid week boot, just don't expect much space, and definitely don't argue with the fella who runs it!!!

Hi I'll stick my head above the parapet, and give ya my two penance worth. If you are used to Oldcotes then you are going to be struggling to find a boot as big as Oldcotes can get. The only one to get near would be Twin Oaks on a Saturday, on the right day it can be extremely busy. Pros, later start 10.00 and if your there early enough, you can stretch out side on. Cons, can be a nightmare to get out of, only one way in and the same way out, it can be fun and games if everyone ups and leaves altogether!!!! They are others on a Saturday, but I've not been to any other than Twin Oaks.

On Sundays the bigger ones are at the footy stadiums at Chesterfield and Doncaster, both can get very busy. Donny is more of a market with a boot added on, space can be tight, selling sideways costs extra £2. While Chesterfield starts late-ish, 7.30, but sellers can arrive any time from 5am onwards to get in the queue. Space is tight, selling from the back of the car, always enjoyed Chesterfield, which when rain is forecast can be moved inside under the stands.

Elsewhere, of those I've attended, Thorpe Hesley can be very good, need to queue early 5am onwards, getting in and out can be awkward sometimes. Not a huge boot, but well run, and well attended.

Not been to Hillsborough Arena for a while but it was OK last time I attended. Not been to either Tesco boots, nor Paces, so can't really comment.

The boot out at Hope I have always found to be very good, and will head in that direction whenever possible. Still a fiver to stand, and no restrictions on space. They have had their probs with the weather, and their phoneline this year, I've turned up once this year to find no one there!!!! Luckily I have been able to trundle over to Bakewell and set up at Lady Manners. Only held once a month, but always found it to be productive.

Thats my two penance worth, already to be shot down, hope it sheds a little light on things :P.

One car boot I'm not sure if you would be interested in, is out at Fitzwilliam, on Catchpenny Lane, on a Wednesday. A fair sized boot, well attended for a mid week boot, just don't expect much space, and definitely don't argue with the fella who runs it!!!

Thank you very much for that. We are going to try the oaks one this Saturday.

Have you heard of Marsh Lane? Thats one I wondered about.

Doh! Knew I would miss a boot out!!! :roll: Not been to Marsh Lane for years, as the capacity to be very busy, and was always productive for me. Heard conflicting views about it since, but loathe to pass on here say.

Just wondering if Thorpe Hesley and High Green CC have managed to get an alternative date to replace the one they had to cancel due to the weather??

And, presumably Hillsborough Sports Arena will post a message re this Sunday's carboot (10th July) confirming if it's affected by the weather or not??

My mother in law mentioned one we went to a few years ago. Passed Roseley? Passed bakewell? (Not sure if the word was roseley?)

Spoken to someone who is a trader at Hope this morning. Tomorrows car boot has been cancelled.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 11:13 ----------

My mother in law mentioned one we went to a few years ago. Passed Roseley? Passed bakewell? (Not sure if the word was roseley?)

Rowsley, if it's passed there it will be Tansley. If it's at Rowsley, that is where Bakewell car boot is held when the show ground is being used for something else.

Spoken to someone who is a trader at Hope this morning. Tomorrows car boot has been cancelled.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 11:13 ----------

Rowsley, if it's passed there it will be Tansley. If it's at Rowsley, that is where Bakewell car boot is held when the show ground is being used for something else.

She said it was on a big field that was on a slope/hill and was huge.

She said it was on a big field that was on a slope/hill and was huge.

Tansley, it can be a good car boot. Like any other there's normally quite a few traders.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 21:43 ----------

According to Hillsborough Arena website. Unless there is torrential rain tonight, then tomorrow's car boot (10th July) is ON.