Any decendants of Una Campbell in Sheffield

This is purely based on interest and I was wandering if any of Una's decendants live in the area.

Una was born in 1901/2 and was the Daughter of British actor Alfred Eric Campbell.

Una lived in the States in her younger days and when her father was killed in a car crash in 1917 came back to England to live in the Nottingham area and had family in Sheffield I believe to.

Una obviously is no longer around she would have been 113 now but wondered if any decendantt's of her have any information about her.

Her Father Eric appeared in many Charles Chaplin films in the early days but its Una i'm interested in

Hi Cycleracer - do you know if Una married a man with the name Bull? I mention this as a Una Clarice Campbell was born in Jan-Mar 1902 (in the Fylde district), a Una C. Campbell married a Philip O. Bull in Lewisham in 1930, and a Una C. Bull died in the Croydon district in 1967, aged 65. Possible children of the marriage are Edward F. Bull, born Croydon Jan-Mar 1933, Brenda E. Bull, born Lewisham Apr-Jun 1936 and/or Brian D. Bull, born Croydon Oct-Dec 1936.

Hi Cycleracer - do you know if Una married a man with the name Bull? I mention this as a Una Clarice Campbell was born in Jan-Mar 1902 (in the Fylde district), a Una C. Campbell married a Philip O. Bull in Lewisham in 1930, and a Una C. Bull died in the Croydon district in 1967, aged 65. Possible children of the marriage are Edward F. Bull, born Croydon Jan-Mar 1933, Brenda E. Bull, born Lewisham Apr-Jun 1936 and/or Brian D. Bull, born Croydon Oct-Dec 1936.

Not really Hillsbro no, but its interesting you say she was born in Fylde district as her Father was originally thought to have been born in Dunoon in Scotland but the reality of the matter is he was actually born in Cheshire

In a 1996 documentary about Eric Campbell, Chaplin's Goliath, one of the interviewees is his granddaughter Brenda Bull. She looks like she would be about 60 in the interview footage, which would match with the birth date in hillsbro's post. So it's probable that this is the Una Campbell that was Eric's daughter.

More info is that Una's mother Fanny died of a heart attack in July 1917 and was "a few years" older than Eric, but probably only around 40. Una was struck by a car shortly after and seriously injured. Eric must have taken to the drink around this time and entered into a brief, disastrous second marriage. In December 1917 he got drunk at a party and tried to drive home at 4am. He had a head-on collision with another vehicle and was killed instantly at the ripe old age of 37.