Tipper driver Catcliffe today

I suppose there is not one size fits all. Are you asking about a 38 tonne HGV or a 2 tonne pick-up:cool:

Matters little, 2 tonne still need some decent speed...my point is your taking it way out of context. The way i read it He said the driver was driving to fast for the road conditions which does not automatically mean he was driving fast enough to lose control or aquaplane.

Edited by JarvisS8

I'm an HGV driver and I can tell you tipper drivers are the most dangerous inconsiderate drivers on the road...most of them are paid on loads delivered and don't give for a dam for anyone on the roads they are a nightmare on the motorways..stay clear of tipper drivers.

I'm an HGV driver and I can tell you tipper drivers are the most dangerous inconsiderate drivers on the road...most of them are paid on loads delivered and don't give for a dam for anyone on the roads they are a nightmare on the motorways..stay clear of tipper drivers.

As a hgv driver myself I have to agree to every last word you've wrote

Removed due my misunderstanding of the proximity of where the OP meant in relation to the supermarket, apologies for that.

Edited by DarkPlanet
Changed post content

I'm guessing you are talking about Highfield Spring, just past the winter green pub heading towards Handsworth.

I went this way yesterday, from Morrisons towards handsworth, the road is flooded on the side of the road going towards Catcliffe. I had a lorry coming the other way yesterday, the speed limit is 40mph, but in those conditions there is no way any vehicle should be going through the massive pool of water at that speed. The lorry must have been going at least that, really he should have either gone though slower or waited until the other side of the road was clear and gone round the puddle. Instead the lorry sped through the puddle, at the same time as i was passing the puddle on my side of the road, the water completely covered my car and i the massive splash of water that hit my windscreen meant i couldnt see anything for a good few seconds until my windscreen wipers had cleared it.

Its plainly dangerous to drive the way many motorists are driving on that road, its been like it a good week and i use the road most days, how there hasnt been an accident i'll never know

I totally agree with this. The amount of tipper trucks that drive through the weight restrictions on Worksop Rd at Attercliffe is very high. Also the number of them that drive around with a full load of dirt or rubble but don't have the load cover in place so when they go round a bend too fast some of the load spills out onto the road.

Anyway the blue coloured trucks you are referring to are owned by a company called Brocklebank who are based on Bland Street in Sheffield.

I totally agree with this. The amount of tipper trucks that drive through the weight restrictions on Worksop Rd at Attercliffe is very high. Also the number of them that drive around with a full load of dirt or rubble but don't have the load cover in place so when they go round a bend too fast some of the load spills out onto the road.

Anyway the blue coloured trucks you are referring to are owned by a company called Brocklebank who are based on Bland Street in Sheffield.

You guys should have lived in Catcliffe in the 50's. No aquaplaning problems then or the like. You attacked the floods, you got stuck, until the water went down. As a kid I saw it so many times living just across from the Rother.

You guys should have lived in Catcliffe in the 50's. No aquaplaning problems then or the like. You attacked the floods, you got stuck, until the water went down. As a kid I saw it so many times living just across from the Rother.

How does one attack floods and make the water go down?:huh:

Totally agree on this

Recently there seems to be marked increase in accidents on the motorways involving HGV vehicles and I believe these "Timed Deliveries" does not help with drivers being put under pressure in that if they arrive at the customer late the load would be refused and that practice should be stopped or at least modified by government regulation, just my view.

---------- Post added 08-01-2016 at 07:15 ----------

The best solution here if you feel the load is insecure is to report the matter to the police as being in charge of an LGV with an insecure load is an offence if the driver has a number of convictions he or she would find themselves in front of the Traffic Commissioners in Leeds explaining why they should be able to retain the LGV entitlements, just my view.

Tipper livery was sky blue and red name maybe began with br???

Brocklebank demolition

I saw the council cleaning the drains there this morning.

Edited by Hal9001

A lorry had to drive through a puddle and you started a thread about it?

Are you about 5?

To answer your question 'no' and I grew out of winning the pooh years ago ...