Youths harrassing people on Cutler's Walk/Skeleton Bridge/Sheaf bank

Has anyone had any problems or hassle from a small gang of teenage lads who seem to have made their home in the foot tunnel under the railway behind Dunelm and Furniture Barn at Heeley? It's the tunnel that leads to Skeleton Bridge, the footbridge over the Sheaf, and ultimately leads to Sheaf Bank and the Sheaf View.

The reason I ask is because there have been a few instances of verbal abuse and now a bottle being thrown at a cyclist. A lot of people use it as a through-cut, on foot and by bike, especially at rush hour times, so I wondered if this is an isolated thing or if others have had bad experiences too.

I've used the tunnel and footbridge for years and never had a problem before.

I occasionally use it, but only at around lunch time. Not seen any trouble then.

I find it a bit rich that an evil being from a hidden dimension is enquiring about unruly youths. ;)

I live in this area and would like to hear, by PM , from other people who use this route and who are concerned.

I had a couple of kids shout something at me (no idea what, had headphones on!) and follow me through the tunnel in a vain effort to intimidate.

To be honest I wasn't too bothered as they were only about 13/14 and combined weighed less than me but if its the same kids a year on and a year bigger, yeah it could be a problem.

Need a description?

Need a description?

I think we could probably have a good guess to be honest.

But don't say it they have human rights you know.

The kids that tried to harress me were white. One had dirty blonde hair the other brown Both about 5 ft and 7/8 stones.

I can understand why you might think it was the usual suspects for that area but the giveaway was that there was only two. The usual suspects only find their voices when they outnumber people 4 or 5 to 1 :hihi: