Residents Parking Permits on Firth Park Rd

I was wondering if u clever people could advise me how do I go about starting a residents parking scheme on bottom of firth park road. Just at the bottom end and not the whole of firth park road.

The problem is there is a mosque few doors away and it is extremely busy all through day and night and shops round corner on pagehall so every Tom dick and Harry ends up parking here.

I have 3 small children and this is getting extremely distressing even if I go out for 5 mins I lose my parking spot near my house instantly.

So how does one go about getting a residents parking scheme set up?

If you go out for 5 minutes have you considered walking instead if driving? It would stop you losing your spot.

My parents live on page hall road and when I used to live there it was the same then so you just live with it.

Residents parking permits will never be voted in down there by the residents anyway.

I actually work so need the use of my car all time.

How do know it will never be voted in do u live near the mosque or on this road?

I actually work so need the use of my car all time.

How do know it will never be voted in do u live near the mosque or on this road?

I lived there for 30 years and my family still live there, the community down there are not the type that will like having to pay to park outside their own house.

I know what u mean about people not wanting to pay to park outside their house. (Neither do I) buts it's getting really desperate on here now.

I want to start a petition and gets people feeling see what majority of them reckon.

Do u know how I go about starting this and how much do the permits actually cost?

.....every Tom dick and Harry ends up parking here.

Are you sure they're all called Tom, Dick or Harry?

Though it's very frustrating not being able to park outside your home, if they are paying their road tax and are not parking illegally, what are they doing wrong? Are your properties privately built?

Showstopper

I have too agree with you. Although I live on the other side of the Northern General Hospital the parking situation is exactly the same but due to staff from the hospital, including the Hallamshire Hospital. Cars are double parked to the extent that buses struggle to get through, parked on junctions and over steps down a steep slope from the road too the path. No thought except "I need to get too work"

I would gladly support a residents parking scheme application.

Sufcl2

Edited by sufcl2

I know what u mean about people not wanting to pay to park outside their house. (Neither do I) buts it's getting really desperate on here now.

I want to start a petition and gets people feeling see what majority of them reckon.

Do u know how I go about starting this and how much do the permits actually cost?

Contact these people= https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/parking-permits/terms-and-conditions.html

Cost of permits= https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/parking-permits/resident.html