Ram raid in eckington 05/01/2016

Early hours of this morning ...5.1.16, a bike/motorcycle accessories shop in eckington was ram raided and robbed, the rd it is on is small and narrow with a bend at either end and also double yellow lines either side of rd, I understand the first responders would have pulled up outside to sort it out etc but when I passed by just after 11am (would have taken a different route if I'd been aware of it at the time) 2 police cars....4x4' s were parked one right outside shop and second directly opposite, they hampered traffic travelling in both directions who had to navigate between them crossing into other lane so only one car at a time could pass, cars starting to build up in both directions! They could have parked a few metres further up and it wouldn't have caused any congestion at all....one policeman was just getting a camera out of his car so why did they need to park right outside to do that , so not only parked inappropriately but also illegally.....as one man shouted out his window at them! One rule for us.......

Seriously should this thread not be about the raid and not a bash at the police! If people was getting through then obviously there was suitable room albeit restricted, so are you not a capable driver to get through a tight gap confidently then! And as regards to one rule for them and one for us, can you every say where you have seen anyone fined for how they park? There is simple not enough Police to deal with such things so you'd get the same treatment of nothing being said to you!

.....so not only parked inappropriately but also illegally.....as one man shouted out his window at them! One rule for us.......

Nice that you have a bigger go at the police than at the criminals. The police have powers to override laws when investigating crime. Otherwise their law-enforcing would be compromised.

Also, when putting a post on use paragraphs, sentences and punctuation. I had to read it three times to understand what you were getting at.

So a ram raid has occurred. A major crime. Someone's business likely seriously damaged and their livelihood with it. And you whinge about some traffic. Only on SF. Oh and the Daily Mail of course.

Is that the recent bike shop that has opened on the corner in the centre of Eckington? Shame for it to happen, it's not the busiest of shopping places around there and this is probably one of the reasons why!

On a traffic note, this is just a one off with the police attending so deal with it.... :rolleyes:

However, further up towards the main road is a business that has HGV deliveries every morning that completely block off access into Eckington centre and cause havoc on the main road too. They should be made to move somewhere more accessible to HGV's or to use smaller delivery vehicles, it's a ridiculous situation when it causes repeated delays and traffic build up every day.

Lol I knew I'd get bashed, yes I feel sorry the business was targeted, any crime is devastating to someone, and yes I'm a very capable driver therefore I got through the gap with no problems other than being held up, my point was why would they deem it acceptable to practically block a road and cause congestion because of the way they chose to park, I don't think they should have done that ans it was their parking that directly caused the congestion, I understand they have a serious job to do and they should be doing it , but surely if they took a little more care how they parked they wouldn't have caused the additional problems along the rd, and if you can't read and understand what I wrote why comment on it

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 11:34 ----------

Is that the recent bike shop that has opened on the corner in the centre of Eckington? Shame for it to happen, it's not the busiest of shopping places around there and this is probably one of the reasons why!

On a traffic note, this is just a one off with the police attending so deal with it.... :rolleyes:

However, further up towards the main road is a business that has HGV deliveries every morning that completely block off access into Eckington centre and cause havoc on the main road too. They should be made to move somewhere more accessible to HGV's or to use smaller delivery vehicles, it's a ridiculous situation when it causes repeated delays and traffic build up every day.

Yes that's the one, I know the police have to deal with it, completely understand that of course, the raid had happened 5 - 6 hours before I passed by, I just found it unacceptable they needlessly blocked the rd simply by parking badly, they didn't need to do that to carry out their duties when parking a few metres along wouldn't have caused any congestion, and yes I agree about the HGV' s

Lol I knew I'd get bashed, yes I feel sorry the business was targeted, any crime is devastating to someone, and yes I'm a very capable driver therefore I got through the gap with no problems other than being held up, my point was why would they deem it acceptable to practically block a road and cause congestion because of the way they chose to park, I don't think they should have done that ans it was their parking that directly caused the congestion, I understand they have a serious job to do and they should be doing it , but surely if they took a little more care how they parked they wouldn't have caused the additional problems along the rd, and if you can't read and understand what I wrote why comment on it

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 11:34 ----------

Yes that's the one, I know the police have to deal with it, completely understand that of course, the raid had happened 5 - 6 hours before I passed by, I just found it unacceptable they needlessly blocked the rd simply by parking badly, they didn't need to do that to carry out their duties when parking a few metres along wouldn't have caused any congestion, and yes I agree about the HGV' s

Nah, you are alright. I bit unnecessarily! The police will have almost certainly parked where they felt it was best to do so weighing up the traffic issues versus their need to do their job of investigating the crime safely. I know how annoying it can seem, but honestly, trust that the police will 9 times out of 10 have made the right call but its not always that easy to see it.