Mass sexual assaults in Germany on NYE

It would seem a huge number of these people are not refugees. They are economic migrants.They are heading to places where they get the most benefits and support.

Isn't it racist to refuse people entry into your country just because they want to share in its economic success? Why shouldn't they be allowed in?

Aren't we being selfish and discriminatory in denying entry to anyone who wants to come, for whatever reason?

Isn't it racist to refuse people entry into your country just because they want to share in its economic success? Why shouldn't they be allowed in?

Aren't we being selfish and discriminatory in denying entry to anyone who wants to come, for whatever reason?

I think that not controlling who enters comes under the term "naive"...

Edited by truman

No its no.

A country has the right to control its own borders, but moderated by its international obligations which it has signed up to.

If more people enter than you wish, then the country may find itself unable to cope, especially if the migrants take more than they give.

Being selfish or discriminatory is allowed as long as you arent rbeaching any other rules. A countrys primary duty is to its own citizens.

Economic migrants are allowed to come if they are from the EY becayse thats what we signed up for.

Isn't it racist to refuse people entry into your country just because they want to share in its economic success?
No. But refusing entry on racial grounds would be.

Why shouldn't they be allowed in?
Because any and every country only ever has a finite set of resources at any given time, which needs to be managed so as to continue providing the quality of life enjoyed by its existing inhabitants at that time.

Resource management is meant to encompass resource budgeting, planning, husbanding, etc.

Resource management involves looking at what's there, what's being created, what's being expended, what/who for, what are future requirements at various terms in view of population dynamics, geopolitical commitments and more.

Throw the e.g. UK doors open willy-nilly and how is the UK going to continue providing NHS & social services, policing, etc. to its existing and this new population, and what about its housing and transport infrastructure and policies...?

Will it be OK with you if we kill off international aid and the life support it provides in some remote corners of the earth, to pay for extra refugees in the UK?

You may call it such, and it's your absolute right to consider it so.

I call it being rational. Rational does not mean heartless or lacking empathy by the way. It means looking at life and its many faceted problems objectively, a by-product of which being that sometimes morally-difficult decisions have to be taken for the greater good.

Edited by L00b

I've tried looking and given up, does anyone reckon they could get a credible link up to European rape crime by ethnicity up? If it's official European Union statistics though I don't think I could believe it although it may be the only source we could go on.

Anyway I'm betting that most rapes are committed per head by men of middle eastern,North African descent. It doesn't take a genius to work out.

Perhaps we should consider what the relevance of a country is at all then?

John Lennon asked us to imagine a world with no countries, and perhaps that is a noble hope that I share for the future. But then he asked us to imagine peace, no religion and no greed as well. I rather suspect that states are a direct result of those things still existing, and whilst they still do exist states are a good idea.

At this point in our evolutionary development states are an extension of the family, with shared values. History shows us that breakdown in states leads to anarchy, and anarchy leads to violence ... and the sort of behaviour that happened at Cologne station basically.

So no thanks to the idea of anybody who wants to come should come.

I'd love to live in a world without countries but we are not going to get anywhere near the 'level playing field' required for that to happen in my lifetime, and possible not in my great grandkids (should I have any!) lives either.

I've tried looking and given up, does anyone reckon they could get a credible link up to European rape crime by ethnicity up? If it's official European Union statistics though I don't think I could believe it although it may be the only source we could go on.

Anyway I'm betting that most rapes are committed per head by men of middle eastern,North African descent. It doesn't take a genius to work out.

It takes an idiot to believe it though. Your poor little mind.

hash tags seem to be a popular thing these days, here is one I would use if I used Twitter

#REALISMNOTRACISM

And there we have it, resorting to name calling.

And there we have it, resorting to name calling.

There is a list on you tube,can't remember the title or the accuracy of it.

I agree with 999tigger. Why do you believe that most rapes are committed by middle Eastern/North Africans? Is that just blind prejudice or do you actually have any valid reason to believe it?