What is wincobank like?

I'm thinking of moving to a house in Standon Road. I thought it seemed quite nice around there with the lovely woods and Concord Park but I've only been twice and the second time I saw a bunch of kids trying to set fire to a playground. I'm a single woman living alone but I do have a protective dog. (And insurance!)

Is there anything I should know before making a decision?

I used to live there and still know people that do. They say that while it's still not the best area in Sheffield, it's been getting much better over the last couple of years. The number of kids causing trouble seems to have dropped massively and the area around Standon Road/Fife Street which was probably the worst parts appears to much safer. I'm sure there are a few posters on here who live there currently so might be able to give a residents first hand view rather than my secondhand one.

I'm on Standon Crescent. We purchased our house about 18 months ago and it's lovely! There are a few people further down the road that I wouldn't want as neighbours (happy to discuss by PM!) but it's generally lovely & really friendly.

I'm thinking of moving to a house in Standon Road. I thought it seemed quite nice around there with the lovely woods and Concord Park but I've only been twice and the second time I saw a bunch of kids trying to set fire to a playground. I'm a single woman living alone but I do have a protective dog. (And insurance!)

Is there anything I should know before making a decision?

Just be aware that what is jokingly called a road is more potholes than tarmac

Haha that couldn't be more than the truth - not fun to drive up when you need a wee, let me tell you that!!!

Just be aware that what is jokingly called a road is more potholes than tarmac

but it will be due for resurfacing at some point by Amey so hopefully this is a short(ish) term problem

I used to live there, up on the Crescent. It's much grubbier nowadays. Always hassle with teenagers in the area. Motorbikes on the park and stolen cars.

I think we were due for resurfacing around September 2015 when it was all announced on the council website...still waiting! heh.

I certainly couldn't class it as 'grubby'. It's mostly pretty clean, you've the odd problem person (as you'd get anywhere, really...even on much pricier roads!), and mostly the residents who have been there a long time - if there's anything they can do to help you, they will.

We're out and about with the dogs a lot so see it at all times of day, all seasons. Very very rare we've had any cause for concern, but as mentioned, there are a small number with a dangerously low brain cell count with the motorbikes on the park/woods...this is just about every weekend without fail. It's not the only nice place to walk, however.

its all down to money if that's all you can afford you have no choice, if u can afford s10 go to s10

its all down to money if that's all you can afford you have no choice, if u can afford s10 go to s10

but of the lower-mid priced property areas it's a good area