Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Regarding the Carbone rumour, according to last Sunday's papers, L**ds are still paying Mick Mills £40,000 a Week. So there may be some substance to the original rumour.

Ferguson's got an evil streak - I can't remember a game he played in last season without him being the centre of one controversy or another. I agree with the need to sign players in his position on short term deals to increase the depth of the squad - but I don't think we have to resort to thugs . . .

A story I heard many moons ago was that Big Dunc caught a burgler in his house & promptly proceeded to beat him to within an inch of his life - the burglar then had the cheek to try & sue for assault!

Just think if we could unleash him on Leeds' defence. He would crush them!

Sheffield Wednesday boss Paul Sturrock has confirmed his interest in Norwich City midfielder Dickson Etuhu.

The 23-year-old joined City on loan from Preston in November and that move was made permanent during the January transfer window.

The Canaries paid £450,000 for the player, who had been linked with Everton earlier in the campaign.

Sturrock said: "I would be delighted to bring him to the club, but I believe he could cost a transfer fee of around £600,000 and that money is beyond us."

We're also rumoured to be after Kenny Lunt (there's a joke in that name somewhere).

Carson for England :clap: Looks like the lad is off there now Green is injured

Carson for England :clap: Looks like the lad is off there now Green is injured

And also blowing any chance you have of getting him next season.

Very true Robbie unfortunately. He shoudl be in the Premiership anyway, but fingers crossed :D

Very true Robbie unfortunately. He shoudl be in the Premiership anyway, but fingers crossed :D

perhaps he can be understudy to our kenny

perhaps he can be understudy to our kenny

hah! Even more unlikely! :hihi: He's better than Kenny mate :thumbsup:

Have faith Robbie, have faith. Unlike our porkey friends across the way, we have pulling power. :)

Carson better than Kenny don't make me laugh,he has only had a few Championship games & if he is so good why isn't he in the Liverpool squad.The kid has potential but he is lacking experience & that will come with time.

Carson better than Kenny don't make me laugh,he has only had a few Championship games & if he is so good why isn't he in the Liverpool squad.The kid has potential but he is lacking experience & that will come with time.

Potentially he's a far better keeper than Kenny - not to say that Kenny isn't Premiership class because I believe he is. Carson, as you rightly say, is lacking in experience, but I think in the long run he'll be a full international for England in his own right. Paddy Kenny hasn't quite reached his potential yet, but I don't think he's in the same league as Schmeichel, Van der Sar, Cech et al.

He might prove me wrong, but I doubt it . . . .

I agree with that,but he is how old 19.How many England goal keepeers under the age of 30 have played at full World Cup level.