Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

True, but then as long as he's managed right, and coached properly imagine how good he'll be at 28 - 33 (peak years for a keeper) - frightening . . .

The last thing that Carson needs is to be buried in a premiership team as 2nd or 3rd choice. His performances for Wednesday did more to get him into the England set up than him being a Liverpool squad member.

My hope is that if he can't get an offer from a Premiership club as their number one keeper that he will come to us on a 12 months loan deal. As his contract winds down so does his value so fingers crossed he might eventually become a Wednesday player.

Have faith Robbie, have faith. Unlike our porkey friends across the way, we have pulling power. :)

is that why the self confessed owl luke beckett has a united contract?

I think Carson's got the bug - he's seeing Wednesday as a big club on hard times and he wants his name to be associated with it's revival - there's players still out there like that believe it or not !! I reckon that IF Liverpool give him the green light to leave and IF he doesn't get a starting offer in an established club in the Prem then he'll sign a short term contract with Wednesday - but more than likely he's coming on loan till Christmas with an option to extend till the end of the season and then see where the land lies after that :) Apparently he credits Wednesday with giving him the window to get on the reserve list for England and he wants to try and repay that next season but if a big club comes along he'll have to take it.

On another note, anyone heard the rumour that Accrington Stanley have offered a trial to Ben Sheppard from Soccer Aid - I don't believe it for a second TBH but how funny would it be if it was true :lol:

Well me and my youngowls are ready for the new season, renewed our season tickets today....:clap: after sitting on the family enclosure with my youngowls for the last 5 seasons..... my little lad is all grown up now...;) we are now on the Kop... which is where ive sat/stood for many a season....:D

come on you owls!!!:banana:

Having just watched Barnsley win the play offs"well done reds" and the swans staying put it may be a good time to sign trundel ,looks strong , quick and has a good touch.Be a good signing for the owls.:thumbsup:

Having just watched Barnsley win the play offs"well done reds" and the swans staying put it may be a good time to sign trundel ,looks strong , quick and has a good touch.Be a good signing for the owls.:thumbsup:

you couldn't afford him, they refused a 750k bid last season

you couldn't afford him, they refused a 750k bid last season

Maybe we could have your record signing centre forward, fifty grand enough.

Maybe we could have your record signing centre forward, fifty grand enough.

No...because we bought him for 1.75 million :confused:

No...because we bought him for 1.75 million :confused:

Well according to some well informed if dillusioned utd lads hes **** and a donkey.That said hes probably not worth fifty grand.Warnock being the great manager he is tho will probably stick with him?:thumbsup:

Well according to some well informed if dillusioned utd lads hes **** and a donkey.That said hes probably not worth fifty grand.Warnock being the great manager he is tho will probably stick with him?:thumbsup:

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say I think you might see him play a decent role in the side next year. He isnt the tidiest player you will ever see but he is quick, strong and scores those nitty gritty goals that sometimes you need. Once he is moved into Sheffield, settled and well I think you might see a differant side...although slagging him off already would be quite strange as he scored against your lot and got us 3 points at derby away.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say I think you might see him play a decent role in the side next year. He isnt the tidiest player you will ever see but he is quick, strong and scores those nitty gritty goals that sometimes you need. Once he is moved into Sheffield, settled and well I think you might see a differant side...although slagging him off already would be quite strange as he scored against your lot and got us 3 points at derby away.

Some good points there tom but the generall view amongst utd fans is that he wont hack it in the prem.These are there thoughts not mine.Just a final point on the bnp thread your hero the hoff has been getting a metion, bit strange but there you go.Some of the comments made about him wernt nice and you may find it all to much?:thumbsup: