Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Cheers all for a rewarding first post! Its lovely when we all get along.

........Up the Owls (sorry couldn't resist - I even typed that quickly :) )

Let's face it, we haven't had a right lot to shout about this season one way or another . . . well maybe flogging Rocky "The Worlds Most Inaccurate Nickname" Rocastle to Swindon, no sorry, Yeovil was a highlight, but apart from that we've had to watch PS try and build a team from next to nothing. Pretty much where the Blades were 5 or 6 years ago.

By the end of the season though, we seem to have some serious potential in the side, a couple of signings in key area's and we can expect to be comfy in mid-table this time next year. Realistic expectations haven't been a forte of Wednesday fans over the past few years, but I think PS has had a two way effect. I love the fact that he has gone out and signed players that actually CARE about the shirt they are wearing, they actually want to succeed for the fans that come to watch them rather than just pick up a pay packet, which has been a malaise over the club since the end of the TF era.

He's also managed to get the message through to us fans that just because we are Wednesday doesn't mean we can just EXPECT it to happen for us - the same has happened too often on the pitch and look where we ended up !!

Absolutely spot on mate. Says it all really.

He's also managed to get the message through to us fans that just because we are Wednesday doesn't mean we can just EXPECT it to happen for us - the same has happened too often on the pitch and look where we ended up !!

I Expect

Honestly

Thought wednesday could have won it today....:suspect: i got the feeling that Reading were just here for a run out...:suspect: Nice to see the players come back on the pitch at the end..... not like a few seasons ago when there was no one left to come back on to??:hihi:

what to do now then???:huh: no footie at hillsborough till August??:(

See that PS wont be there on Sunday. Looks like he's trying to get ahead of the game and off scouting in Europe.

Will we get to hear today who will be staying/leaving.

I hope that JPM, Bullen, and Lucas all get new deals. Diallo and Partridge can go for me.

I've got a sneaking feeling that JPM might go - I don't think that PS is the kind of manager to keep offering contracts to injury-prone players, by the same lights I think Maclean may be in trouble as well. Lee Bullen is the closest think we've had to a Mr Wednesday for 10 years, and even if he's only a squad player for the next 5 years, I think his attitude and mentality are vital to success.

Anyone else entertaining the crazy notion that PS might just pull off a season-long loan with an option to buy for Scott Carson next season ??

Anyone else entertaining the crazy notion that PS might just pull off a season-long loan with an option to buy for Scott Carson next season ??

your having a laugh, i heard carson was being considered as 3rd choice for england recently i can think of lots of premiership clubs who could afford to buy him who really need a keeper. I somehow doubt he'll be there next season

your having a laugh, i heard carson was being considered as 3rd choice for england recently i can think of lots of premiership clubs who could afford to buy him who really need a keeper. I somehow doubt he'll be there next season

MMMnnnnnn...posting on Wednesday threads...mmmmmmnnnnnnn...go start your own threads....MMMnnnnnnn...not welcome here.....mmmmnnnnnn...various other Blades-style ejaculations....

etc

we can compare it to the 20,000 you was pulling in, in your last season in prem

mmmmmnnnnn....attendances....mmmnnnnnn....like the 20,000 we were pulling in in League 1...mmmmmmnnnn...etc

Jazzybmzoo,

Who in the current Wendy team has serious potential and who would you like to see brought to the club this summer?

Also, how good is that Wood lad gonna be?

He was top class against us in both derby's this year.

Jazzybmzoo,

Who in the current Wendy team has serious potential and who would you like to see brought to the club this summer?

Also, how good is that Wood lad gonna be?

He was top class against us in both derby's this year.

Ey-up, my man.

Serious potential. Let's see:

- Wood (of the Bromby mould, solid defender but lacking technically but then most C/halfs are)

- JP Mcgovern: fast, good crosser but more importantly, intelligent

- Simek: Solid, fast but still a lot to learn

- Whelan: Good passer, young, but again, still a lot to learn

- the too 18 year olds Mcallister & Spurr (who played superbly in his debut against Reading) - haven't seen enough of them really though.

But for me, Chris Brunt - a proper footballer, just too inconsistent at the moment. He's till only 19 so PS should have plenty of time to give him that foot up the arse he needs.

Signings:

- Love to see Scotty Carson here again, until at least Xmas when Lucas is back.

- Carlos Edwards at Luton (as we missed out on him last season)

- Any strong, experienced midfielder

- & Chuck Norris

Sturrock has proved he knows the formula (as has Warnock); get Premier League players in who are just not getting their chance for whatever reason. We'll probably have to loan them but you need class in the Championship to progress. Utd were fortunate enough to have a couple of class grass roots players in Jagielka & tounge which they mixed with experienced ex-Premiershipers; Short, Shipperley. The rest as you say, is history.

Chuck Norris eh?

He's alright.

If your after searching through balls and a touch of wizardry you need Steven Segal really. He's 20 years ahead of his time.