Electric guitar servicing in Sheffield

I have a Fender strat that needs an overhaul and set up.

Any recommendations appreciated .I live near Richtone if anyone has any experience with them.

Cheers

There are a number of guitar music stores in Sheffield that do guitar set-ups:

Richtone Music - I've had guitars set-up by them.

Advanced Guitar Centre ( Handsworth Road ) - I've had guitars set-up by them.

Wavelength Music ( London Road ) I've had guitars set up by them.

Wizard Guitars ( under new management / Ecclesall Road ) had guitars set up by them.

All these places charge different prices for a set up and do a decent job.

Richtone Music are the cheapest.

Buy the Fender Stratocaster Manual book!...........will tell you everything you need to know!

Edited by mossdog

If you don't want to take your Fender to any of the music stores I've previously mentioned and you don't want to have to buy a Fender Stratocaster manual has mossdog has suggested

then type in google: www2.fender.com and it will bring up step by step guide how to service your own guitar.

Steve Gaines is a good person for this sort of thing. He works in Wavelength on a Tuesday and Saturday (I think). Very friendly, reasonably priced and does good work.

Richtone say that they do their own guitars and warranty work, but not 'walk-in' stuff. (On the website, at least - I've never asked in person.)

I didn't think Wizard were especially good - and this is even under the new management - specifically, I went in asking for a new nut and they ended up trying unsuccessfully to fix the old one.

Good luck.

Andy