Bedding urgently needed for Sheffield dog pound

Their washing machine has broken down and until it is repaired they are having to throw away soiled bedding as they cannot wash it.

They do have duvets but they are no good for the "dirty dogs" so need anything warm for them to sleep on, please help if you can they are running out very fast.

Can't they get a washing machine off freegle / free cycle or preloved (in the free loved bit)? It seems very wasteful to 'bin' all those dirty blankets.

or could any kind member of the public offer to wash a few , as many hands make light work , if several people just did one load it would work

If anyone is concerned about bacteria in their washer you can use the washing disinfectant. I use it in my washer when hubby comes in with muddy dog walking clothes.

Their washing machine has broken down and until it is repaired they are having to throw away soiled bedding as they cannot wash it.

They do have duvets but they are no good for the "dirty dogs" so need anything warm for them to sleep on, please help if you can they are running out very fast.

I have just changed my washer dryer - the dryer is a little bit temperamental but the washer works ok. If someone can collect it they can have it, even if it just helps in the short term.

Can't they get a washing machine off freegle / free cycle or preloved (in the free loved bit)? It seems very wasteful to 'bin' all those dirty blankets.

I think that they want to repair it as its not very old.

---------- Post added 04-01-2016 at 12:46 ----------

I have just changed my washer dryer - the dryer is a little bit temperamental but the washer works ok. If someone can collect it they can have it, even if it just helps in the short term.

Thank you I will pass it on :)

I meant as a back up. I do think its a bit short sighted only to have one washer when its needed so badly. Washers are usually quite expensive to repair compared to buying a new one these days. If you don't need lots of fancy programmes they are fairly inexpensive to buy relative to repairs or purchasing other things (to those of us who have been buying washers over thirty years). I know it depends on what is wrong with the washer. I wash a lot, our washer is always on. :hihi: I have had a washer repair man out several times who has advised us not to spend £x amount on a washer several years old. I tend to wear mine out....

How long does the average washer last these days? I tend to buy a good make not a cheap washer. I tend to wear mine out after about five years. :roll:

I went yesterday and took them three bin bags, food toys leads coats etc, wasn't sure if they needed bedding but took fleece dressing gowns and other bedding Im glad I did now

I have a black bag full of bedding and a small dog coat, Only thing is I cant get it down to them at the moment, If anyone in s5 is going down any chance you could collect and drop off?

I believe that it is the RSPCA kennels that need bedding. Wouldn't you think that such a rich charity could run to a couple of washing machines?

I believe that it is the RSPCA kennels that need bedding. Wouldn't you think that such a rich charity could run to a couple of washing machines?

The RSPCA kennels might need bedding as well but its definitely the Dog pound that I mean, they do go through a lot.

The RSPCA in Sheffield is run independently. They rely on public donations and aren't a rich charity at all. And as Moonbird said, it's the council pound who's washing machine is currently broken.

My mum and myself dropped a load of bedding off there today :)