Using a phone as a wifi hotspot?

hi i was wondering if anyone can help me on here i am asking on behalf of a friend i figured out how to use his phone as a wifi hotspot i think you cal it where you connect devices to it to use wifi...

anyway you can surf the internet on the tablet i am connecting it to fine but when i go on youtube the videos dont play

he has unlimited wifi on his phone

Will depend on his connection if it's 3g and maybe a poor signal

^what he said. YouTube or any video streaming will chew through data anyhow so not a good idea to use a phone as a hotspot for stuff like that.

What network offers unlimited tethering?

I miss my 3 One Plan :(

What network offers unlimited tethering?

I miss my 3 One Plan :(

I still have my 3 one plan monthly only sim, contract period of 12 months ended a couple of years ago but I can still get unlimited tethering....

hi yeah its a 3 one plan i found out it is unlimited

3's "The One Plan" has gone, and by the end of Jan, anyone still previously on "The One Plan" will be moved over to the closest equivalent (based on price) package, if you're outside your original contract length...

I was also on "The One Plan" and it ended on Dec 14th, still on it but was told if I don't change by the end of Jan, they would change me automatically...

Thing is, i'm still paying full price, (including the cost of the phone, which has now been paid off as i'm at end of the contract) - and to reduce the price, i'd have to be put on to one of the newer ones straight away..

I feel a little conned here.. :S

the best alternative I have found up to now, is 3's sim only, Unlimited data, with up to 12GB of Tethering, for £20 / month (sim only)

3's "The One Plan" has gone, and by the end of Jan, anyone still previously on "The One Plan" will be moved over to the closest equivalent (based on price) package, if you're outside your original contract length...

I was also on "The One Plan" and it ended on Dec 14th, still on it but was told if I don't change by the end of Jan, they would change me automatically...

Thing is, i'm still paying full price, (including the cost of the phone, which has now been paid off as i'm at end of the contract) - and to reduce the price, i'd have to be put on to one of the newer ones straight away..

I feel a little conned here.. :S

the best alternative I have found up to now, is 3's sim only, Unlimited data, with up to 12GB of Tethering, for £20 / month (sim only)

My sim only contract ended Aug 2014 and I'm still on the same plan, no one has told me I have to change...

My sim only contract ended Aug 2014 and I'm still on the same plan, no one has told me I have to change...

Just wait.... they want everyone off the old ones by Feb 2016, that's what I was told by 3 when I called them to discuss my upgrade options after contract end, because I wanted all-you-can-eat data for tethering, and they don't offer it anymore....

as I said above, I was told that I could continue paying full price (including cost of phone) until they change me over in Jan, and they're doing it with everyone...