When the NHS works, it's a wonder

You misunderstand. I'm not saying petrol station attendants are unworthy of praise, just that in a thread about the NHS it's a bit odd to start comparing them to NHS workers. Some of them work unsocial hours, perhaps a few thousand maximum at any one time up and down the country. That is where the comparison ends.

It's true that petrol stations are hotspots for card fraud. Like it or not. You can extol the lads and lasses that work in them as saints but it's the unfortunate truth there's a fair few bad apples.

You complain about taxes quite a bit and IIRC (to give a bit of context to your stance of this thread) have a bit of a downer on campaigns for fairer treatment and pay for nurses and NHS workers.

As for tax avoidance it's:

1. Unreasonable to conflate virtuous tax planning (ISAs etc..) with aggressive avoidance

2. Unreasonable to complain about how tax is spent when you support aggressive avoidance.

Hilarious again.

As I explained. :roll: - I started a separate thread which was deleted by a mod, so here I am.

You are now moving the goalposts and changing what you are saying by slipping in the word "aggressive".

I have no issue with you about the CC fraud. I fail to see why it has any relevance to this though. And I'm not interested in you telling me why.

1. Put words in my mouth why doncha?

2. It's perfectly reasonable of me to complain about how my tax money is spent.

I'm sorry if I'm not worshipping at the feet of the "angels" and "saints" in the NHS.

A&E and the Northern did get the treatment right when I was there on Sunday night, but it did take 11 hours to get to see the first doctor.

11 hours! I hope you're making a complaint.

Hilarious again.

As I explained. :roll: - I started a separate thread which was deleted by a mod, so here I am.

You are now moving the goalposts and changing what you are saying by slipping in the word "aggressive".

I have no issue with you about the CC fraud. I fail to see why it has any relevance to this though. And I'm not interested in you telling me why.

1. Put words in my mouth why doncha?

2. It's perfectly reasonable of me to complain about how my tax money is spent.

I'm sorry if I'm not worshipping at the feet of the "angels" and "saints" in the NHS.

Why do you think your thread got pulled.

Nobody is asking you to worship NHS staff. So why ask us to worship petrol pump attendants.

If that was a petrol station - or indeed just about anything in the private sector - you'd have gone somewhere else.

Petrol station attendants are somewhat easier to come by and train than doctors to be fair.

Petrol station attendants are somewhat easier to come by and train than doctors to be fair.

This is very true.

But he was so caring and had such a good pumpside manner, I just had to mention it.

I think basically because when NHS staff get it right, which is the vast majority of the time, they have the potential to make a huge difference to peoples' lives.

The guy that sells you your petrol isn't making that much of a difference to your life. Most times you could just go somewhere else and buy it. It probably took less than a week to train him up anyway. He doesn't give a damn about you and given half a chance he'd probably skim your bank card.

Oh, and as it's Christmas I won't forget the people who make such a song and dance about the virtues of tax avoidance. And I won't forget that given they don't pay their tax they don't really have much of a right to pontificate about the way other peoples' tax contributions are spent ;) eh Ron?

That's what has to do when the NHS repeatedly got it wrong.

That's what has to do when the NHS repeatedly got it wrong.

What percentage of patient contacts result in complaints?

The NHS deals with 700,000 patients a day. Complaints are under 500 a day.

99.93% of contacts don't result in complaints.

The NHS doesget it wrong sometimes, but most of the time it gets it right.

What percentage of patient contacts result in complaints?

The NHS deals with 700,000 patients a day. Complaints are under 500 a day.

99.93% of contacts don't result in complaints.

The NHS doesget it wrong sometimes, but most of the time it gets it right.

NHS patients ‘frightened to complain about poor treatment’ because they fear they’ll be branded troublemakers, watchdog finds

Watchdog Healthwatch is official voice of the patient in NHS and social care

Six in ten people say nothing because of worry it will affect treatment

NHS patients ‘frightened to complain about poor treatment’ because they fear they’ll be branded troublemakers, watchdog finds

Watchdog Healthwatch is official voice of the patient in NHS and social care

Six in ten people say nothing because of worry it will affect treatment

So what is your percentage? An estimate would be fine.

So what is your percentage? An estimate would be fine.

How would I know, I know I didn't get good treatment, I know that other people get poor treatment, and I know they don't complain out of fear of getting branded troublemakers.

One million NHS patients have been the victims of appalling care in hospitals across Britain, according to a major report released today.

That was in 2009

Edited by carlbadboy

How would I know, I know I didn't get good treatment, I know that other people get poor treatment, and I know they don't complain out of fear of getting branded troublemakers.

One million NHS patients have been the victims of appalling care in hospitals across Britain, according to a major report released today.

That was in 2009

OK, I'll work it out for you.

6/10 are scared to complain. 4/10 do complain. The number of complaints is approx 500 day. So, if everybody complained it would be 1,250 complaints a day. The NHS has treats 700,000 patients a day.

99.82% of patient contacted don't result in complaint. Not good enough I would agree but not the apocalypse of bad care you are presenting.

A&E and the Northern did get the treatment right when I was there on Sunday night, but it did take 11 hours to get to see the first doctor.

If it was life threatening you would have been seen by a doctor,heart attack,stroke type of thing.Thats why the waits are so long,I waited 6hrs for surgery when I cut my thumb off but saw the bloke who preceded me,he had been in a rta and had severe leg injuries,he died.I will never forget that and have never minded waiting since,glad you're ok now medusa good luck to you.