Which Canary Island is hottest in January?

Thinking of going mid January, seen good deal for Fuert but wondered which of the Islands (just thinking either Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerturventura) might have best weather then. Any recommendations for places to stay?

The coldest/wettest part would probably be north tenerife. However, the south of the island would be warm all year round. Gran Canaria will probably be the warmest, but the won't be much in it at all.

My husband and I have visited Fuerteventura many times also in January, the north of the island has very different weather to the south, Jandia can have sun which is the main place in the south of the island and Collerajo in the north may have windy weather, The hotel we can recommend is RIU Oliva Beach Hotel outside Collerajo, and the Fuerteventura Princess in Jandia. 178 Patricia

Edited by nikki-red

I've visited all the Islands in December and Gran Canaria was the warmest defo

we alway find Tenerife south the best for sunshine in January best hotel we find is the Arona Gran at Los Cristarnos on sea front great food and has just been modenised

My mate moved to Fuerteventura last July, he posts pics on Facebook on a daily basis. Todays pic suggests a lovely hot and sunny day.

There's probably not much difference between them although Fuerteventura is probably the windiest so might feel the coldest (not that any will be cold!), especially at night

Check out holiday-weather.com and compare the averages. I've been to Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote in November and all have been about the same.

I agree with you Fuerteventura has the best beaches but can be very windy, therefore can feel a little cold at times, but in summer the wind can be a blessing as the temperatures climb to being very hot.

178 Patricia