New puppy and resident dog

Hi all I've just got an 8 week old puppy and I already have a dog which is 7 month old. They get along fine it's just that my dog won't leave the puppy alone he's always wanting to play with the new puppy. Well last night I thought that it would have been the puppy crying,well I was wrong and my dog spent the first 15-20 minutes crying because he couldn't get to the puppy as it was in the dog cage (didn't want to leave them running around kitchen all night, or puppy getting hurt). How long does this 'excitement' of the new puppy last with my other dog because he just won't give it two minutes rest at all!

Thank you

With mine they started to calm a little after two weeks and then after a month they had settled with each other. Saying that we do have at least an hour a day when they go nuts and won't leave each other alone.

Thank you for your reply! I've got a feeling that it will take a long time with mine as my 7 month old dog have always been a giddy dog and he's just way too excited over my new puppy :L

Aww, bless him! At least he likes the new puppy :) What breeds of dog do you have?

There both dobermanns, so my older dog looks like a giant compared to the new puppy! Lol

Aww, bless them! I don't think I've ever seen a Doberman puppy! I bet they're both gorgeous! Anyway, I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice but good luck with them both :)