Big hole in road near wicker

warning to drivers coming off the park way heading to wicker there is a big hole in the road, just before you reach the lights. its nearly as wide as the lane reaching it in the dark it was last minute to see it but no way round had to go over it slowly.

Yikes! :wow:

Good old Sheffield eh :hihi:

I use this road all the time, as soon as its fixed it opens up again, been going on for at least a year, one fix did seem to last a few weeks but generally it just opens up.

Have to say this latest fix is one of the worst though, the hole wasnt that bad, they filled it and it seems to have risen up so there is a high lump there instead of the hole that was originally there. Kinda looks like melted tarmac has been spread into a lump (i doubt thats whats happened but thats what it looks like). Is quite dangerous really

don't worry about it . the council are very happy with the untold millions that they have paid amey and the great work that amey are doing in Sheffield

Dont worry sure it will soon be full of litter.

It's called burngreave, pitsmoor :suspect:

Only joking !

Anyone hitting it on a bike could be in serious trouble.

R.i.p Ladys bridge

what's wrong with lady's bridge ?

I reported a sunken part on cedar road months ago deep enough to cause a twisted ankle or fall crossing the road its still the same. we now have brown sludge coming up from the road subsurface when it rains,im no expert but seems like a broken drain problem to me,and a near bye man hole cover is leaking around the seal.

The movement of the bridge deck is causing this pothole and ive heard its going to be addressed at the beginning of this new year,fingers crossed.