Air ambulance helicopter at Lane top

I would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

Sounds a bit harsh, would you have said the same if it was your kid?

Like if that was your toddler and air ambulance turned up would you be like bit over top that lads only need an ambulance its only a toddler that fell out of window?

that's what i thought! but maybe just bad choice of words?? i hope so

I wasn't there and didn't see it...

However, if the ambulance had been there a while and were happy to transport the kiddie by road (straight to the children's as its the closest and all seriously injured kiddies in South Yorkshire are usually taken there), rather than wait for the air ambulance, then that's what they will do.

The air ambulance is a fantastic bit of kit, and makes so many differences to people's lives, but it takes time to load and then has to land in western park across the road, then unload and cross the road etc...

So land ambulance may have meant a delay in the kiddie receiving the urgent medical care they needed, seems strange to say though as people always associate the air ambulance with saving lives!

Roll on the new landing pad at the Northern, will make so much difference to the life saving work of the air ambulance!!!

Oh, but don't forget the fantastic work the 'standard' Yorkshire Ambulance Service do!

And I hope the kiddie gets better soon. Thoughts are with them

Edited by samsparro
Adding text

Little girl in theater at moment

Poor little thing. I trust that you are in someway an acquaintance of the girl by the detail in your post so my very best wishes to you, the little girl and her family. I hope she makes a swift and full recovery.

Hoping the little girl is ok we had a brief spell in the children's with a 10 week old and the staff was brilliant. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery.

I would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

PARDON ??? You think a small child falling out of an upstairs window is not serious enough to warrant an air ambulance ? !!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts are with the little girl and her family. Hope she makes a full recovery.

she is out of theater now, awake and alert, but staff still quite worried, big big thanks to air ambulance and ambulance service. we are blessed with having the children's hospital in sheffield

i would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

absolute ********

shame on you

i bet you go on holidays that don`t allow kids!!! Sick sick sick

Sounds a bit harsh, would you have said the same if it was your kid?

Like if that was your toddler and air ambulance turned up would you be like bit over top that lads only need an ambulance its only a toddler that fell out of window?

You're reading too much into my post there!

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 21:01 ----------

absolute ********

shame on you

i bet you go on holidays that don`t allow kids!!! Sick sick sick

:roll: another one.

You're reading too much into my post there!

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 21:01 ----------

:roll: another one.

Maybe you should have thought a bit more before you post. The air ambulance is generally called on advice of first responders attending victim. I was in Iceland car park when ambulance and first responders went up Swanbourne about same time as chopper took off

Maybe you should have thought a bit more before you post. The air ambulance is generally called on advice of first responders attending victim. I was in Iceland car park when ambulance and first responders went up Swanbourne about same time as chopper took off

The air ambulance are pretty much always scrambled where possible to serious head injuries as the crews consist of highly skilled and experienced Doctor and Paramedic teams who are able to perform extremely skilled procedures out in the field.

Head injuries tend to be extremely complex injuries that are time critical. The Air Ambulance effectively take the hospital to the patient.