FitBit Flex Do you have one?

Hello I have bought a Fitbit Flex athletes watch it seems really cool you can track how many calories you have had and burnt off your sleeping pattern and how many steps you have walked how far etc.

Has anyone else got one? :cool:

Its not an athletes watch its a pedometer. If you join myfitnesspal theres several user groups on the forums of people who use them and they cna help you out. Be wary of calorie counts and also the accuracy of anything in the first few weeks till it adjusts.

It can be a great motivator for some.

I have a Garmin watch, mainly for tracking runs, but it also tracks steps throughout the day.

Oh cool I quite like it should be interesting :)

Buy a bike, and download the Strava app on your phone. It will change your life forever.

Buy a bike, and download the Strava app on your phone. It will change your life forever.

Or just buy some trainers and link whatever device you like to Strava.

I use strava via my garmin watch, for running though, not cycling.

I used in last night just before I went to sleep it measured how I sleep which was interesting to see how many times I was restless I like it :)

I now have a Fitbit Surge (the only one of the Fitbits that has GPS too I believe). I have always, up until now, used a Garmin forerunner 10 to track my running, but am really looking forward to being able to do so much more with this new baby :D

The thing that put me off the various devices like this was the inability of most of them to measure heart rate whilst running. They can measure heart rate only whilst being still, as movement disrupts the optical sensors they use.

Just be careful about how you share your information, so you don't get tracked home and have your bike nicked...

I'm just looking into the different types of Fitbit, as I want to get one as a birthday present for my dad.

I went for a GPS watch myself, as I wanted it to track my runs/rides, which the Fitbit can't do.

The thing that put me off the various devices like this was the inability of most of them to measure heart rate whilst running. They can measure heart rate only whilst being still, as movement disrupts the optical sensors they use.

The fitbit charge HR monitors your heart rate at resting and during exercise. its really good.