Meadowhall in the sales

Don't want to go but the kids are going to drag me around. I'm wearing my full american football kit and I'm the kind of person who can't hold my tongue. So Stay clear or you're going to get my full wrath...

You are a braver one than me to go this time of year.... it'll be packed. Take a chainsaw to clear the thicker knots of people standing aimlessly round doorways wont you :-)

What was wrong with everybody today, people were so ignorant, we were bumped into by several people and not one person said sorry.[/quote

One of my pet hates and happens all year round, when stood at a display looking for what you want, and people just walk in front of you without saying excuse me. I always say it and more often than not reply is "Sorry". To me there's no need to apologise but I think it just shows how unused to it people are.

This happens daily and is not just at busy times. People in retail get this sort of treatment daily. Unfortunately people can be so rude!

A national pastime in this country seems to be to swan around shops on their day off, looking down their noses at staff while pretending that they're not working class for a day. And then Monday morning, *bump* back down to earth, and they're at their place of work and a different set of people are doing it to THEM.

A national pastime in this country seems to be to swan around shops on their day off, looking down their noses at staff while pretending that they're not working class for a day. And then Monday morning, *bump* back down to earth, and they're at their place of work and a different set of people are doing it to THEM.

Once you conquer your bitterness you will be able to get on with life ;)

I get that some people like to shop, but what's with the 'looking down their noses' etc?

I get that some people like to shop, but what's with the 'looking down their noses' etc?

It's made up rubbish from Alan Hartley.

Once you conquer your bitterness you will be able to get on with life ;)

It's made up rubbish from Alan Hartley.

Sorry. My twisted bitterness is the result of 9 years in retail. It does that to you. :help:

:hihi:

I can't stand that place anytime never mind christmas time,I went there once and tried to be polite and sort of step to one side for people,then I realized that no one seemed to care whether I was or not they all just seen to be ignorantly walking along,I'm a big bloke and I just thought I've had enough of this I'm not moving for anyone anymore so I just started walking straight on and not moving or detouring out of people's way and just sort of barged my way down the walkway, I haven't been there since I would sooner sit on a revving chainsaw than go there again .

I only go to Meadowhall these days if Im really desperate and never ever near to Christmas.

The bad manners situation these days really annoys me as I am one of the minority who still enjoys being good-mannered. I always say please, thank you, excuse me etc and I still hold doors open for people!

People not looking where they are going really annoys me. Often caused by at least one of the following: wearing their glasses on the top of their heads (how can they see?), staring into their phone screen or eating whilst walking.

Sh2006.

If you dont like the crowds at Meadowhall, go shopping in Sheffield town centre. It was just about empty on boxing day

Sorry. My twisted bitterness is the result of 9 years in retail. It does that to you. :help:

:hihi:

Oh dear :(

Have a happy new year Alan :)

Go to Meadowhell or walk the 2 dogs in the country side, stop at a nice dog friendly pub for lunch, mmmm let me see which shall I choose, you guess.

Angel1.