Best place to advertise cats re-homing

Hi

I have put an ad up on Sheffield Forum for 2 "three year old cats" for rehoming (due to my allergies) but to no avail. I am also advertising on gumtree and preloved. I have been advised not to let them go for free as they could end up in the wrong hands. I really don't want any money for my lovely cats, I just want to see them go to a loving home. Any suggestions as to where else I could advertise. I don't want to separate them and wonder if this is putting people off. They are sisters and are great company for each other.

Thank you

GG

Hello, Try the vets notice board, pet shops and also http://www.preloved.co.uk is very good. I hope you find good homes for them. Valerie.

---------- Post added 26-12-2015 at 20:21 ----------

Hello again,, I have just remembered, there is a cat charity shop on Eccleshall road sheffield. It is near the beginning on the left hand side. I am sure they will be able to help, as the staff are very nice. I am 99 per cent sure they have a shelter also. Maybe you could put an ad in the charity shop window. Good luck, and I hope the cats can go together. Valeriea

Thank you for your kind advice. Really appreciate your response. I will let you know how I get on.

Best wishes

GG

Hello, Try the vets notice board, pet shops and also http://www.preloved.co.uk is very good. I hope you find good homes for them. Valerie.

---------- Post added 26-12-2015 at 20:21 ----------

Hello again,, I have just remembered, there is a cat charity shop on Eccleshall road sheffield. It is near the beginning on the left hand side. I am sure they will be able to help, as the staff are very nice. I am 99 per cent sure they have a shelter also. Maybe you could put an ad in the charity shop window. Good luck, and I hope the cats can go together. Valeriea

Are they Pedigree / Persian? There are a few rescuse groups on FB that I am a member of but only for that type of cat.

Standard moggies I'm afraid but thank you anyway for writing to me

Are they Pedigree / Persian? There are a few rescuse groups on FB that I am a member of but only for that type of cat.

Sheffield cat shelter may be able to help. Cat protection or raine rescue, although they are all full to bursting Rotherham rescue rangers, cliffe kennels Doncaster cat action trust or pet Samaritans at Chesterfield xx

Dear Guitar Girl, please let us all know if you have any luck? Thanks, valeriea.

Dear Guitar Girl, please let us all know if you have any luck? Thanks, valeriea.

Hi,

I have been very lucky that a friend has rehomed the cats and I have regular contact from them regarding how they are doing. Thank you for your kind advice on your earlier post.

Best wishes

GG