Brown Bayleys - do you remember??

I worked at Brown-Bayleys from 1970 to 1980 as an Electrician and can remember working on a fault on the Diesel that shunted the scrap wagons about yard with Frank Staniforth a chargehand at that time. We fixed the fault but were too scared to start up the engine and test it because we were inside a building and the big doors were closed and we were only 10 yds away from them.

Some of you on here must remember my dad Len Theaker he worked there until he was taken ill in 1968 and never recovered sadly. I was 17 then.

My grandad Bert Greenhough worked at bayleys for years I think he retired around 1960 ish

My brother,Brian Glasby,worked there as a crane driver in the 70`s,up until 80/81ish

I worked at Brown-Bayleys from 1970 to 1980 as an Electrician and can remember working on a fault on the Diesel that shunted the scrap wagons about yard with Frank Staniforth a chargehand at that time. We fixed the fault but were too scared to start up the engine and test it because we were inside a building and the big doors were closed and we were only 10 yds away from them.

Hi Malcolm. I worked there from 71 to the closure in 81.

You were my charge hand when I finished my apprenticeship and started shifts in the melting shop

Hi Malcolm. I worked there from 71 to the closure in 81.

You were my charge hand when I finished my apprenticeship and started shifts in the melting shop

Yes you are Jeff Alsebrooke , long time ago eh.

My brother,Brian Glasby,worked there as a crane driver in the 70`s,up until 80/81ish

knew a Brian Glasby worked on electric arc furnaces,

Does anyone have any photos of their days at Browne Bayleys ?? - It'd be nice to see how it really was back in the day.

Yes you are Jeff Alsebrooke , long time ago eh.

Got it in one Malc, you keeping OK.do you ever bump into anybody from Bayleys.Worked with Dave Mann and Gary Owen at The paper mill in Oughtibridge for several years until it closed. Saw Dave again at Forgemasters when I was contracting there 4 years ago

knew a Brian Glasby worked on electric arc furnaces,
Brian will be 57 this year,lived at Arbourthorne,if its same bloke.

Got it in one Malc, you keeping OK.do you ever bump into anybody from Bayleys.Worked with Dave Mann and Gary Owen at The paper mill in Oughtibridge for several years until it closed. Saw Dave again at Forgemasters when I was contracting there 4 years ago

No but I did see one of the "Clean-air" men in the yard of Sammy Foxes while I worked for Yorkshire Electricity.

my grandad worked at brown baileys . he was a plate layer.Harry Cooper was his name . he worked for a lot of years probably all his life till retirement round about 1965. I used to meet him from work at the big doors past the aquaduct next to the white hart pub ,that was run for a long time by my great uncle Wille Bagshaw whos sister nellie was my grandmother married to Harry , they lived in Harding street. my father was Harry Cooper jr .