Snooker in Pubs

Semi-pro snooker player now living in the Shalesmoor area - are there any pubs around here, or in town, that have a full size snooker table? Want to get some practice in, not looking to play in a snooker club, they charge too much for me.

Alternatively if anyone has a table, would be more than happy to come along and have some games, give some pointers/tips/coaching sessions in exchange for being allowed to play. Feel free to PM me for this if you'd rather than post publicly, or if you know someone I could get in touch with for this.

Pretty much anywhere along the tram line is easy access for me living in Shalesmoor.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup: .

Hillsborough club s6 area - Bradfield rd has a great table . sure they be happy for you to play there m8

Are those tables full size? Do you have full postcodes for these places? Thanks!

The Hallamshire House at Commonside has a snooker table.

...and the Hallamshire House (S10 1GF) is a full size table. 95 bus or 10 min walk from University tram stop.

Then ask the locals about the "club"

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Wadsley Bridge WMC (S61LB) have 3 full size tables or Walkley Community centre on Fir Street have 4 tables

Thanks for all the replies :) going to check these places out! Feel free to keep posting them if there are any more.

The Sheaf House has a snooker table. It is down by Bramall Lane.

We've got 4 full sized tables at Walkley Community Centre which is not that far from you (though admittedly up a big hill). Pretty cheap too. See website for details :)

The Sheaf House has a snooker table. It is down by Bramall Lane.

it's a 3 quarter table. teams there are on the lookout for another player for the league. practice night is sunday. not on tram route though.

Thanks everyone for your replies - been playing a bunch in a couple of these venues for free, really appreciate the warm welcomes I've received there. Trying out another tomorrow :) . Probably will try another one or two here mentioned over the coming weeks.

We've got 4 full sized tables at Walkley Community Centre which is not that far from you (though admittedly up a big hill). Pretty cheap too. See website for details :)

We've already been in contact not too long ago to discuss a potential deal, you're too expensive for me with the volume I need/want to play, but thanks anyway. Also the raised step around the sides of the tables is a bit too close - it's difficult to get into my proper stance with that, unfortunately.

Try Rileys, Mansfied Road

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 20:02 ----------

Try Rileys, Mansfied Road 2

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 20:04 ----------

Try Rileys, Mansfied Road 3