Parson Cross Park

Anyone remember Parson Cross Park in the 50s when it was a massive corn field. Used to have some great fun, with my friends who lived on Deerlands Ave.

Where was the Park sited ?. I lived on Masters Rd. from 47 to 53, I was 15 when we first went there & can't remember it.

It covered the area of the park. Between Deerlands Ave. Linsdsay Road, Buchanan Road and Adlington Road. I was 7yrs old in 1953 and certainly remember it , before it became a park late 50s.

Thanks Deerland, I remember it well now. In 48 it was a ploughed field.

I remember the corn fields well I was born on elm lane and spent many hours in the corn fields ,sometimes they would sow corn in the small field below Lindsey Road School ,spent lots of time trying to find skylark nest ,can you imagine hearing skylarks today on Lindsey Road ,I think not ,Bri Bloomer

We used to have lots of fun when they had cut the corn. Gathering it all up piling it all up and diving into it. Where in Elm Lane were you Bri Bloomer. One of our friends lived on corner of Elm land and Lindsey Ave, her name was Betty Wells she had a few sisters. did you go to Southey Green School. I was ther 1957-61

hiya deerlands ,we lived at 158 elm lane ,the wells sisters lived at 228 elm lane ,there were 8 girls I think Betty was next to the youngest Jacqueline was the youngest I think I think Walt their dad must have wanted a boy ,so he kept trying until he ran out of steam or until missis Wells said times up Walt,we swapped houses with them in about 1957,i went to Hartley Brook school 1950,54 ,so I am 7 years older than you ,but my sister Ann went to Southey Green ,where did you live ,and whats your name .Lv Bri xx

Hi bri bloomer. I lived on Deerlands Ave. My name is Edward Fothergill. Quite sure I knew an Ann Bloomer. I was in Mrs Rowley's class 4B last year at school 1961. Girls in my class were, Jean Godbehere, Margaret Harrison. Marilyn Morris, Hazel Mattock, to name a few. Some of the lads were, Len Powell, Fred Hird, Gerald Cotton, John Brown, Peter Bradshaw. You would have been at Hartley Brook school same time as my late sister Yvonne.

hiya Deerlands ,the name Yvonne Fothergill rings a bell I was born in 1939 and I left school in 1954 ,that's when most kids on Deerlands went to Hartley brook,,how near to Lindsey Road did you line ,Bri

bri bloomer. My late sister Yvonne was born 1939. She went to school with Margaret Redfern. I used to live on Deerlands Ave at top of Holgate (we called it Black Hill ) virtually opposite park gates.

hi deerlands ,if Evonne was born in 1939 she would be in the same year as I was ,she might even have been in the same classes there were 3 levels most of the time ,1A,1A2,and 1C,i went thro all 4 years ,in the mid stream ,Bri ,

hy deerland & bri, remember the corn fields so well. lived in lindsay ave, went to lindsay rd nursery, then juniors in 1950, then on to southey headmaster was (pop) Kay other teachers - headley (sport) miss coupe-cooper(science)-think it was brown (woodwork) cant remember name of metalwork teacher. was in ewden house, head boy was ---- sanderson, head girl wendy------anyway, couldnt wait to get home when they were cutting the corn. Great days