Parson Cross Park

hi ya Bob ,if you started at Southy in 1950 ,that's the year I started at Hartley Brook ,so I am 3,or 4 ,years older than you but we must have crossed paths at some time in and around Lindsey .Bri ,

hi ya bri, talk of the corn fields at lindsay is bringing back memories, i was born in the first house below the shops on lindsay ave in 1943, you may have come across some of my pals of the time. alan webster- brian milton-his brother chuck- ken renshaw-pete shaw. we all went to lindsay rd youth club. some of the lads went to hartley brook, others to southey. lost touch with them all now, but good memories of happy days.

hi ya Bob ,yes I knew Alan Webster ,he lived just below you as Ken Renshaw did ,the other side of the do you re member Ken Scoley ,he died quite young ,I also knew the Milton brothers I used to o weight lifting with brian and Alan Webster in a shed on the Miltons garden ,brian died about 18 months ago ,I used to knock about with Alan Webster and George Bagshaw,he lived just below the Webbers ,our paths must have crossed because I went to the youth club from about 1953 to 1958,

ok bri, the more i think about it, your name as started ringing bells. you are a little older than me, (70 ) but i do recall these names, ken skoley ect, but shocked to hear Brian had died. he had quite a physique and was a well known bodybuilder. i think he married a very nice girl called maureen colton, and that they lived near the high greave pub on barnsley rd. he started me on my own quite successful career in weightlifting. going back to Lindsay youth club, a few of us got motorbikes and after the club would go to Jowseys chip shop at the top of lindsay shops and sit inside with chips & a coke. what wonderful memories. I now live in Filey N Yorks, which is lovely, but will always recall those days around Lindsay & the corn field with affection / BOB

hiya again Bob ,yep Brian did finish with a good physique so did Charlie ,Alan Webster,and Alan Hinchclife who lived on Masters Cres.were also good ,I did,nt ,develop and get big ,but I had a very heavy lifting job at Newton Chambers for 30 yrs,and the next 27 yrs,were also on machines ,and I kept up with training with weights all my life ,I still go to the gym every day for a couple of hrs ,so I am the same weight and size as I was when I was at 20 ,I have some friends who live in Filey they live over looking Filey Dams ,I have done a lot of bird watching in Filey on The Brigg in the Ravine and at the dams ,you take care Bob its been good to hear from you and yes it was good where we were brought up ,I wish it was the same now for the kids around Lindsey Masters,Deerlands and Elm Lane where I was born ,our Moms and Dads did,nt have to worry to much when we went out at night ,take care Bri x

I went to Lindsey youth club in 47/49, had a girl friend called Diedre.

Hiya Bob Jackson

We might have something in common if your wife is called Brenda. Also do you know Eileen Crookes she used to live just below shops on Lindsay about 3rd or 4th house. We went through our school lives together.

Was name of metal work teacher at Southey Green, Mr Cawthorne seems to ring a bell.

---------- Post added 09-10-2013 at 20:07 ----------

Hiya Bob Jackson. Dont know whether you read any of this. But the thing we have in common is, your wife Brenda and my wife are cousins. My wife is Anita, I am Eddie. We are in Blackpool. Hope you are both well.

hiya deerlands, or should i say hello Eddie & Anita, it is Bob & Brenda, trust you are both well and will never forget the couple of times we stayed at your place in Blackpool for the birthday celebrations. how lovely to hear from you, and you are right, the metalwork teacher was a mr Cawthorne. I have only recently joined the forum, and have caught up with many lost pals. take care / bob & brenda.

Hiya Bob & Brenda. Funny meeting on here. Small world eh. You used to live down vrom Lindsay shops Bob. Did you Eileen Crookes and Paul Hobson I think he lived on the other side of the road. Went through school with them although Paul went to Firth Park grammer and I went to Southey Green.

hi ya Anita & Eddie, my word, memories come flooding back with these threads.I do remember Eileen crookes & Paul hobson, names i would never have thought of.I was at southey from 54 to 58, mrs Rowley was there then, I also remember skylarks in the cornfields. What carefree days back then, Brenda lived on Holgate rd in the "steel houses" just above the black hill. wonder how these people we have mentioned are doing ? maybe they will pick up on this. Anyway take care and thanks for stirring more memories. B&B:

Hi again Bob & Brenda. Yeah there are some good threads on here. Talking of the steel houses I knew Brenda and her family lived in one of them but didn't know which one. I used to live at top of black hill third house on right. Used to have great fun sledging down the hill when it snowed in the winter.