Lecky gone off in s5 shirecliffe

only for a second or so but enough to have to reload my internet etc...anyone else experience this ??

Exactly the same up on Herries Road, just up from the Hillsborough stadium. It all went off just after midnight - must be Santa, telling us to go to bed.

The house alarms went off along the street, but they've all stopped now.

Merry Christmas.

Brownout here at s10 about the same time.

Had the lights flick earlier and just happened now as I'm typing, I'm in S6 near B&M stores.

Yep. Wadsley park village lights keep flicking on and off

Same thing in Hillsborough, first brownout took out the filter on our fishtank and we don't have a spare. Going to have to change the water tomorrow and see if I can get a new one on Boxing Day.

P.S. changing the fuse and trying another socket didn't work, already thought of that!

If your alarm bell box sounds after a power cut then it's a sign the back up battery in the panel needs replacing. The reason it sounds is because all power has been cut to the external bell box, a healthy battery would prevent this.

fell asleep after i posted but seeing other people had problems makes me happier it wasnt just me...hope theres no more problems today....still no idea what the problem was tho

I've had 2 power cuts in last couple of days. Electric texted me to tell me that it won't be long. First was about 20 mins, last night was about 5 mins, and loads of lights flickering also last night.

s6 too. All at night, so I guess they're working on something 'out of hours' to cause minimum disruption.