Naked Rambler - What's wrong with walking around nude?

No idea. It's ridiculous. Our 'public decency' laws belong in the Victorian era. If people can't cope with the sight of a naked body without getting all hot and steamy under the collar, then the issue is with them.

I'd suggest it's similar people to the anti-public breastfeeding brigade, that thankfully seems to be the minority these days.

What's different about places like Sweden where being naked seems more acceptable, but still not fully naked in public? Are there any countries where it's regarded as perfectly fine to wander about in the nude?

No idea. It's ridiculous. Our 'public decency' laws belong in the Victorian era. If people can't cope with the sight of a naked body without getting all hot and steamy under the collar, then the issue is with them.

I'd suggest it's similar people to the anti-public breastfeeding brigade, that thankfully seems to be the minority these days.

What's different about places like Sweden where being naked seems more acceptable, but still not fully naked in public? Are there any countries where it's regarded as perfectly fine to wander about in the nude?

There are still tribes in South America that consider it perfectly fine. As for countries, I can't think of any that allow it on the whole. Some countries allow it in certain public areas, beaches etc.

How does the law in this country allow 'Naked Bike Rides', yet lock up one guy rambling about?

There are still tribes in South America that consider it perfectly fine. As for countries, I can't think of any that allow it on the whole. Some countries allow it in certain public areas, beaches etc.

How does the law in this country allow 'Naked Bike Rides', yet lock up one guy rambling about?

Good example, you can lay on the beach naked.

The man hardly poses a threat, I mean he looks like a naked Jeremy Corbyn.

Edited by poppet2

I think it just shows what an unfair and unbalanced system we live under.

We are all born naked for crying out loud. Whats the big deal? To be sent to prison for it is just plain wrong.

He's an ex Royal Marine and spent 10 years in prison for his beliefs.

He has harmed no-one.

Why must we associate the naked body with sex?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34140955

Good example, you can lay on the beach naked.

The man hardly poses a threat, I mean he looks like a naked Jeremy Corbyn.

I think it just shows what an unfair and unbalanced system we live under.

We are all born naked for crying out loud. Whats the big deal? To be sent to prison for it is just plain wrong.

If he can't abide by the laws of the land ... blah blah... he knows the rules ... blah blah ... outraging public decency... blah blah...

I agree with you all. Total nonsense. Let him be. He's obviously slightly er eccentric though.

I genuinely feel sorry for this bloke … what harm's he posing? What's so wrong about the way we were born that laws make us wear clothes … the only animals on the planet who do?

At least there's no danger of him wearing an explosive vest under all his clothes, which, to me, is a lot more disturbing. I know who I'd prefer to be next to in a crowded Christmas shopping mall at this time of year. To be fair though, I think there's little danger anyway, just peace of mind.

It;s an issue for millions of people otherwise we wouldn't have a watershed on the TV or ratings on movies.

If its okay for nakedness in public, it should be acceptable for a bit of nipple on shower gel ads without some moaning Minny complaining.

How many parents would accept nudity during Coronation St or naked CBeebies?

I'm a bit on fence with this one, personally I couldn't walk naked in public I would find it embarrassing but that's because I'm not used to it, perhaps if he put on some underpants then maybe.

It wouldn't offend me as long as it was law you don't want your local peado's walking about in the nud, there has to be limits

:shocked:

Well he's obviously not a Yorkshireman... :suspect:

... because he keeps his hat and boots on! ;)

Obviously there are plenty of people who do find people being naked in public as an issue for themselves or with respect to children. To some extent the law is a codification of public morality.

If you want it changed then either get your elected politicans to enforce a change or the slower method is for a change in general morality. it does happen just look at the changes in whats considered obscene.