EE Pet Pal Tracker

Is anyone on EE network and heard of Pet Pal ? I just saw the ad on TV - looks like it will be some sort ot GPS tracker that you can access through an App on your phone.

"EE will also be shortly launching EE Pet Pal, a new connected device that will allow customers to makes sure they don’t lose track of their four-legged friends. Further details on EE Pet Pal will be revealed soon."

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/2015/10/28/EE-targets-business-growth-as-4G-and-Internet-of-Things-drive-vital-innovation-in-healthcare-housing-and-emergency-services?WT.mc_id=ON_MEC_A_AffWin_VigLink+Inc&WT.tsrc=Affiliate

if you are an EE customer you can register interest on their site:

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/ee-pet-pal

Been waiting for this to kick off for a few months but they are dragging their heels, be interesting to see the prices.

good idea not so good if you have 6 cats lol

we have 4 adult cats who are in and out all day - we usually lose 2-3 collars a month :D I learnt my lesson long ago when I bought fab ID discs, agonising over the design, the colour, what to put on them etc ... only for them return after a few days with missing collars.

Now if this could somehow link to the microchip ?? or will it be a GPS tracker ?

No doubt a collar mounted gps tracker, easily lost though.

But on the up side, easily found :)

which is great if the cat comes home ... but then back to the old chestnut of how to find your cat if he / she is missing and lost their collar :(

I'm embarrassed to say I wouldn't have thought of that :blush:

Now if this could somehow link to the microchip ??

Oh I wish! Presumably though you can't implant something like that as it will need batteries replacing or recharging. Could save soooo many hours of anxiety and grief if there was a solution to that.