Best car for coping with Sheffields pot-holes!

After a bit of advice as to what car to get for about £3k which will cope with Sheffields pot-holes and speed bumps best! My 12 year old Corsa needs new springs every year even though I'm no speedster - not after a 4 by 4 looking for something Focus sized - any experiences of goodies or baddies appreciated :)

Suzuki Jimny? They've been around forever and are supposed to be tough off-roaders, so they whould deal with the potholes OK.

Suzuki Jimny? They've been around forever and are supposed to be tough off-roaders, so they whould deal with the potholes OK.

Don't go there. I had one for a few weeks and my back still aches as a result. I think it was the most uncomfortable ride I've ever had from a car.

A Tank or tractor

I as going to recommend a german ww2 staff car the one with half tracks fitted.

Don't go there. I had one for a few weeks and my back still aches as a result. I think it was the most uncomfortable ride I've ever had from a car.

A vitara is a better bet,small but will go anywhere,even on deerlands .

A vitara is a better bet,small but will go anywhere,even on deerlands .

always thought deerlands was one of the smoother Sheffield roads built from concrete slabs by pows

After a bit of advice as to what car to get for about £3k which will cope with Sheffields pot-holes and speed bumps best! My 12 year old Corsa needs new springs every year even though I'm no speedster - not after a 4 by 4 looking for something Focus sized - any experiences of goodies or baddies appreciated :)

You could try moving to somewhere without potholes but that could prove difficult, you could try searching http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/authorities/list

Even a Challenger Tank would struggle with Sheffield`s potholes.

An old Fiat Panda 4 x 4 if you can find a good one.