Jamie Vardy, Leicester footballer

I have been watching Leicester's rise to the top of the Premier League and noticed Jamie Vardy as their most prolific scorer. Then I heard one the commenters say that he is a Sheffield lad and was released by Sheffield Wednesday when he was 16. Does anyone know where he is from in Sheffield and where he went to school etc, any back ground ?

I know he has been selected by England and I know there have not been many Sheffielders in the England team since Gordon Banks ?

I have been watching Leicester's rise to the top of the Premier League and noticed Jamie Vardy as their most prolific scorer. Then I heard one the commenters say that he is a Sheffield lad and was released by Sheffield Wednesday when he was 16. Does anyone know where he is from in Sheffield and where he went to school etc, any back ground ?

I know he has been selected by England and I know there have not been many Sheffielders in the England team since Gordon Banks ?

Let's not forget more recently Kyle Walker has played for England, and Gary Cahill is from Dronfield.

Let's not forget more recently Kyle Walker has played for England, and Gary Cahill is from Dronfield.[/QUO

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 23:03 ----------

Correct, and Mel Sterland is from Sheffield too !

Edited by stpetre
add

I remember my daughter going to school with Jamie Vardy so he must have gone to Hillsborough Primary School then Wisewood

Let's not forget more recently Kyle Walker has played for England, and Gary Cahill is from Dronfield.

...and Kevin Davies also from Sheffield (didn't make it at the Lane), made his sole England appearance in 2010.

yes vardy another slipped through the scouting net at hillsborough(they said he waas too small,,,,,,and cantona couldnt play on grass,,,,lol

...and am I not mistaken that Jamie was frequently in trouble.

As for now, absolute quality with speed, aggression (in movement), belief, and must be a nightmare for defenders when he's running AT them.

Well done JV, and hope you continue with success and 'Caps'!

Does anyone know the pub in which he assaulted someone that led to him having to wear a tag c2004??

yes vardy another slipped through the scouting net at hillsborough(they said he waas too small,,,,,,and cantona couldnt play on grass,,,,lol

If only they'd waited another 12 years for him to have a good season...

I suspect he's a 'Paul Warhurst'; someone who has one amazing season in a team full of players playing their hearts out. Good for him but I'm not going to cry over our 'loss'.

I'm sure i heard summat on the box other day that said Vardy was playing with Stocksbridge Park Steel about 4 year ago.

I'm sure i heard summat on the box other day that said Vardy was playing with Stocksbridge Park Steel about 4 year ago.

Fours years ago he would have been at Fleetwood but he did play for SPS before that.