Cellar conversion

hi, has anyone had a cellar conversion / could recommend some firms I can contact ?

There are four cellars in total, two are already open / in use (99% dry) with a staircase going down from the kitchen into a cellar 'hallway'

We want to open the remaining third/fourth cellar(s) and convert to a 'cinema' room. We need to add door opening and electrics. The walls are bare brick / rubble I think. We'd need a ceiling putting in, insulation / probably damp proof too and some ventilation. There are electrics & heating in the other cellars / hallway.

We've only been in one of the enclosed cellars briefly (accessed from room above), but it appears to be the same height as our other cellars and appears dry.

Does anyone know if I would need to seek planning permission / building regs ?

Hi......give marin a call 07850687092

i know he used to do these for the universitys on the older terrace houses.

does most of the work himself.

He trades as Trinity Building Services.

Have a look here

Unlikely to need planning permission, unless you want to add lightwell.

Building regs still apply.

Opening up cellars will most likely need some concrete beams cast to support weight of building on top of removed wall sections.

thank you for that link !

Hi there,

I am available for free quotations and advice on the convertion and can provide references upon request.

Kind regards