Fatal RTA Barnsley road 19/12/2015

The reports I've been seeing on facebook groups, Page Hall today group in particular. the fatality was a drink driver aged 21.

Having seen the photos of where the incident happened - it is clear I was mistaken about the location.

Who knows since it appears the deterrents currently in use aren't working.

Have you any suggestions ? - serious question.

Not really. Looking at the pictures, I can't recall ever seeing such a scene on normal roads (meaning non-motorway). It must have been at some serious speed.

Not really. Looking at the pictures, I can't recall ever seeing such a scene on normal roads (meaning non-motorway). It must have been at some serious speed.

Well after seeing the state of the car, I'd say he must have been no less than 70mph down Barnsley rd

The driver of the white estate Taxi had a lucky escape judging by the damage to that vehicle.

This junction and the lights need looking into. A car just missed the 999 ambulance taking my mum to A&E in 2011 . The ambulance swerved as the car jumped a red light , it nearly overturned. I was following in my car behind . The car driver didn't stop.

Looks like it involved a taxi.

On my way to work this morning, I'm talking 3:30am, through Hillsborough/West Bar/Parkway, there were taxis flying around like crazy all over the place, u-turning in the road etc, it was madness!

Looks like it involved a taxi.

On my way to work this morning, I'm talking 3:30am, through Hillsborough/West Bar/Parkway, there were taxis flying around like crazy all over the place, u-turning in the road etc, it was madness!

Which has no bearing on this thread whatsoever.

If this is todo with drink or drugs, all i can say is you roll the dice, pay the price.

Wow horrible ! Looks like the taxi may have rolled looking at the damage on the roof. RIP to the the man who has lost his life !

You do know this was further up the road and not at the big crossroad junction. The way the car clipped and flipped over took it further down towards tesco. The road is normal and straight with a few central bits for crossing the road. Nothing much can be done to the layout.

Just hope the innocent parties in this are OK.

I agree with previous comments that this accident does not appear to be related to the intersection.

Off topic. The times attached to comments appear to be +1hour on my phone.