Heavyweight boxing and television ?

Kids see/hear a lot worse than what Fury said on TV.

No excuse and in fact id call that a cop out.

Fury does make me cringe when I watch his press conferences, but I'm not going to pull him up for his boxing success/skills.

Pull him up for what makes you cringe then, Don't ignore it just because he could beat you up.

For the purposes of discussion, I am also anxiously awaiting the reply that was requested by Alan Ladd (post # 20) outlining three more people that had benefited mankind more than Mandela, King and Ali over the past 50 years. Others coming to mind in that league would be Churchill, Gandhi maybe, Roosevelt, and the leaders of Perestroika in Russia ? But Churchill, Roosevelt and Gandhi were pre 1945. Politicians and sports are easier to identify, but what about any medical or social engineering gurus ?

For the purposes of discussion, I am also anxiously awaiting the reply that was requested by Alan Ladd (post # 20) outlining three more people that had benefited mankind more than Mandela, King and Ali over the past 50 years. Others coming to mind in that league would be Churchill, Gandhi maybe, Roosevelt, and the leaders of Perestroika in Russia ? But Churchill, Roosevelt and Gandhi were pre 1945. Politicians and sports are easier to identify, but what about any medical or social engineering gurus ?

Colonel Stanislav Petrov.

Colonel Stanislav Petrov.

A good choice.

Nelson Mandela may have benefited mankind but let's not forget he was also a terrorist who bombed innocent people, martin Luther king was a criminal. Ali I agree he is the greatest of all time boxer. However There are hundreds of doctors, scientist, inventors who have done more for mankind in my opinion . How many life threatening illnesses have these 3 cured?? How many world wars have they stopped?? What have they invented? Don't get me wrong I respect them but let's not pretend they were all saints!!

Nelson Mandela may have benefited mankind but let's not forget he was also a terrorist who bombed innocent people, martin Luther king was a criminal. Ali I agree he is the greatest of all time boxer. However There are hundreds of doctors, scientist, inventors who have done more for mankind in my opinion . How many life threatening illnesses have these 3 cured?? How many world wars have they stopped?? What have they invented? Don't get me wrong I respect them but let's not pretend they were all saints!!

Loads of people say that Mandela bombed innocent people, but no one can ever supply the evidence that he did.

Talk about way off track, can someone please invoke Godwins Law and get it done with.

Talk about way off track, can someone please invoke Godwins Law and get it done with.

Haha!

That's what i thought (i'm guilty):D From boxing to Mandela.

Back on topic-ish.

Tyson Fury has been named the Ring magazine fighter of the year, becoming only the 2nd ever Brit to pick up the prestigious award. Ricky Hatton previously won it in 2005.

Hopefully now he's won the most prestige award in boxing the ring Magazines fighter of the year beating mayweather, golovkin and canelo we can all give him the credit he deserves!! Whatever you think of him outside of boxing nobody can knock this achievement!!

I must admit i do find Fury entertaining.

Anyway,will be interesting to see what form Haye has this weekend

fully expect haye to win in three rounds, hope he does not , I cannot abide the circus that comes with this clown

---------- Post added 16-01-2016 at 23:07 ----------

absolute joke of a so called fight , completely set up and now haye says he wants to fight fury even though haye avoided fury twice in the past