Heavyweight boxing and television ?

Boxing is indeed riddled with corruption and politics a perfect example would be Fury getting stripped of his IBF.

Who do you think is the best heavyweight in the world?

Right now Deontay Wilder is my pick then Louis Ortiz but give it a couple of years and Anthony Joshua will be right up there with them.

Tyson Fury is a clown with next to no skill. What he does have is an incredible self belief that no one can beat him so right now he is riding high but as soon as he gets a really tough fight (any of those 3 i named would hammer him into the ground) he will question himself, fold and lose.

He should make the most of it whilst he can because the Tyson Fury road show is not far from running out of steam.

Ok, well I have had a look back on this and I can't find mention on previous threads, so, we were wondering if world title heavyweight boxing is still being shown on TV in this country. Years ago something like an Ali or Henry Cooper bout would get maximum viewing ratings, then it went to Sky, then it went PPV and when I looked for the Tyson fight the other day I couldn't even find it on Sky ?

Get a firestick with Kodi and you can watch all you can eat.

Right now Deontay Wilder is my pick then Louis Ortiz but give it a couple of years and Anthony Joshua will be right up there with them.

Tyson Fury is a clown with next to no skill. What he does have is an incredible self belief that no one can beat him so right now he is riding high but as soon as he gets a really tough fight (any of those 3 i named would hammer him into the ground) he will question himself, fold and lose.

He should make the most of it whilst he can because the Tyson Fury road show is not far from running out of steam.

Clearly you must be one of them casual fans who doesn't appreciate the art of boxing and blinded by a big punch, when you get to the top elite level there's a little bit more to it than just punching hard. Deontay wilder I agree has got potential but looked terrible in his last few fights. As for Joshua and Ortiz they've never shown the movement or boxing skills to get to the very top, only time will tell I suppose!!

Clearly you must be one of them casual fans who doesn't appreciate the art of boxing and blinded by a big punch, -

Hahahaha. You say that to me whilst all the time bigging up Tyson Fury? :hihi::hihi:

Nuff said. :)

Hahahaha. You say that to me whilst all the time bigging up Tyson Fury? :hihi::hihi:

Nuff said. :)

I respect your view just dont agree, wilder Joshua n Ortiz are all great very entertaining fighters but none of them have Realy fought anyone. There's people in the division like klitschko, fury, povetkin, pulev even david haye who are all proven at the top level who these fighters need to fight first before they can even be considered the best. Although I agree wilder does look great and if he beats povetkin def deserves his wbc title.

Edited by Shefuser

Joshua is going to fight Martin for the IBF heavyweight title in April.

I'm a big admirer of Joshua, he's a fair-sized heavyweight who's a good athlete as well and I think he'll going on the be heavyweight champion one day. I just can't help wondering if the fight is too early in Joshua's career, he's only fought 32 rounds so far in his career, 7 of which came in his last fight.

My worry would be that it's going to be Bruno vs Bone-crusher Smith all over again, with Bruno have the superior skills but not being wise enough to win the fight.

Joshua is going to fight Martin for the IBF heavyweight title in April.

I'm a big admirer of Joshua, he's a fair-sized heavyweight who's a good athlete as well and I think he'll going on the be heavyweight champion one day. I just can't help wondering if the fight is too early in Joshua's career, he's only fought 32 rounds so far in his career, 7 of which came in his last fight.

My worry would be that it's going to be Bruno vs Bone-crusher Smith all over again, with Bruno have the superior skills but not being wise enough to win the fight.

I'm surprised a little at how quick this has been set up for Joshua- but it does make sense as Martins is also untested.

Both are big hitters so from that perspective anything can happen.

I agree with you on the lack of rounds boxed by Joshua and hence stamina question mark- which was Bruno's problem earlier in his fights. That was partly to his build- very muscular and tight despite usually being the better fighter.

Joshua did stiffen up slightly when Dhillon Whyte caught him and if he was in there against a more experienced fighter- he could have paid for it.

So there is a worry but my gut instinct is that Joshua is just too powerful and if he can work on some flaws of his he will win this IBF title. Going forward he will want to win the more prestigious WBC / WBA belts.

You have to take your hat off to Anthony Joshua, he's only gone and won convincingly. One of the few boxers to be a reigning champion and gold medal holder.

You have to take your hat off to Anthony Joshua, he's only gone and won convincingly. One of the few boxers to be a reigning champion and gold medal holder.

Would love to see Joshua matched up with Haye now.

Would love to see Joshua matched up with Haye now.

I don't want them to fight each other until they're all holding heavyweight belts.

I was right about Joshua being too strong.

He still needs testing as Martin was not at the level.

It's a shame the heavyweight scene is so fragmented but I do hope Joshua can claim another belt or two.

I see that the circus act that is david haye is back in town tonight . over in 5 rounds

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 22:18 ----------

absolutely disgusting match up . I have never before seen a boxer going down so easily