Another car on tram tracks 18/12/2015

You shouldn't be driving if you cant read and understand the signs, by going onto they tram lines you are endangering life and should be prosecuted for dangerouse driving etc

I doubt that driving on the tram tracks meets the requirements for DD.

Driving without due care and attention is a more likely and reasonable charge.

I can easily see how people end up driving on the tram tracks. I'd have thought it would be exceptionally easy to follow a tram up West Street and then stay behind it as it rounded the corner to the university tram stop.

I can easily see how people end up driving on the tram tracks. I'd have thought it would be exceptionally easy to follow a tram up West Street and then stay behind it as it rounded the corner to the university tram stop.

They certainly can up at White Lane and down towards Crystal Peaks.

I'd have thought it would be exceptionally easy to follow a tram up West Street and then stay behind it as it rounded the corner to the university tram stop.

If you were as dumb as a bag of spanners AND were ignoring the no right turn sign.

Edited by Cyclone

I saw that car it jump the lights and it at to stop there as I was on the tram goin up.

If you were as dumb as a bag of spanners AND were ignoring the no right turn sign.

Someone does not need to be dumb to make a human mistake, just watch the miss universe crowning.

I made this dreadful mistske when I first moved to Sheffield, went through city centre near boots. Everyone was screaming and waving at me, it was bloody mortifying. I had to reverse back while being shouted at by passing tram drivers and members of the public shaking their heads. To this day I never drive down that street and avoid the tram lines. The confusion of so many signs and marking on the road were partly to blame you can't take it all in

Someone does not need to be dumb to make a human mistake, just watch the miss universe crowning.

That was a publicity stunt, all day long. :nod:

There are many global cities where it is normal for cars to drive on the tramlines.

But I think being absentminded or distracted is more likely the real reason they end up on the supertram tracks.

Edited by dutch

Surely what you mean is that there are many cities where the tram runs on the road, which it does in Sheffield as well.

And then there are sections where it leaves the road. Cars of course, shouldn't leave the road...

I think to many people get into a flutter too easy when driving and if unsure should pull up and stop before making a potentially leathal mistake. My girlfriend does it all the time and cannot desl with awkward situatuons on the road, gets into a panic and cant think so makes mistakes, pull up and read the situation.

Surely what you mean is that there are many cities where the tram runs on the road, which it does in Sheffield as well.

And then there are sections where it leaves the road. Cars of course, shouldn't leave the road...

Yes, obviously. And people of course shouldn't kill, but they still do...

Edited by dutch