Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

A very Sheffield nativity..

One time a very long time ago, a young girl named Jessica Ennis was visited by an angel called Pete McKee who told her that God wanted her to have a child and she was to call that child Phil Oakey, a little while later Jessica was married to Alex Turner. Even though they were to have this child soon they had to travel to a little place called parson cross to buy some hendersons relish....

Anybody want to extend on this ?!

And the Guardian Angel came down who was called Helen Sharman who was accompanied by her mentor Sebastion Coe who then.......

......... said " Soon you will be in need of a pram... I know somebody who's got one. He's called John Burkill the pram man and he's very charitable"............

You're gonna need a big pram...cos just then three wise-guys from the East End showed up with a whole load of goodies: Whoopee Goldberg, Frankenstein and Murgatroid, soon followed by more Goodies: Tim Brookside Taylor, Bill Oddbod and that other one. Who'd all been following the Sheffield Star up the Moor......

They met up with some shepherds who had been washing their socks by night in the Goodwin fountain. " Shall we go for a pint int Mucky Duck " ? said Bill.

To which the shepherds replied " Sorry, can't tonight, got to go and see Mary Christmas, Joefish and baby cheeses." ....................

Sounds a fun-gig said Bill....can we all tag along and see the baby cheeses too? I promise we'll be quiet......Just keep and eye on that Star.....

What things shall we bring along though?

Bring a Barnsley kiss (always handy to have one on standby) and make sure we have all the ingredients to make a Yorkshire pudding for a starter... just like mom used to make... flour, eggs, salt, axle grease...

Can you pass me a coit and booits as it's getting a bit parky out... That star seems to be hovering over Firth Browns now... he'll be a steel worker when he grows up that lad, well he woulda been if...

Edited by Frankie Rage

....He'd not changed his name to Peter Stringfellow. He's been following the stars all his life: Mojo, Hip,Hip - Hippadrome..Who knows where our little lad'll end up ?!?

Well I reckon he'll end up on t' cross.. that would be Parson Cross, o' course.. when his money runs out, he'll defo come back to Sheffers.. Just bound to, wouldn't you? I mean who wants a monied, glitzy lifestyle?