Why Dont People Comment ?

i've noticed that whenever you put any comments or questions on here its very rare anyone actually comments which is suprising when you see that over 100 people or so have viewed it. what happened to how fishing used to be when every fisherman would talk to every other fisherman.

its a shame really because everyone would be a little more in the know and a bit more friendly. maybe even strike up a bit of banter or or even help each other out with tips or advice

wheres the fishing family gone

It is the same on other parts of the forum, to be fair. The one that gets me is when help is asked for, a few replies, but rarely any thanks. Angling for comments might be a new topic?

Not a bad topic heading. makes you wonder when it all changed

Things that interest me I reply to and though I used to spend all my time on the river Trent or Don nowadays all my fishing is on commercials.

Now I don't see anything wrong with whichever code of fishing folk prefer, but apparently it matters to some.

When anglers were mostly of the same mind there was plenty to chat about and it always had loads of laughs when blokes got together in the pub or on coach trips and especially the tackle shops.

With the internet you'd think the word would be spread easier it's not on here.

There has always been specimen anglers that inevitably having put the effort in to catch a certain fish kept any relevant information secret and I respect that.

Why that should happen with pleasure anglers I don't know but it seems it does.

Information should be in my opinion freely given, there are some very good anglers on this forum that prefer to keep quiet. Maybe those that spread their poison have won I hope not.

I will share anything that anglers want to know, the thing is I don't know if whatever I think I know would interest anyone.

In my opinion and info is relevant info. i dont see why people would keep info from anyone (apart from private/quiet fishing spots and specimen spots of course) i used to love the coach ride to fishing spots for the banter.

we do have a lot of banter in the shop but doesnt seem to be much on the net at all

I think you've hit the nail on the head there mr stealthy.

The thing that most anglers enjoy is the banter. Previous years the forum has had a few matches that attracted a load of banter. It seems to me that's more of what we need.

Having said that how to get it started is a conundrum.

nothing better than a bit of friendly rivalry and banter. granted its kind of the wrong time of the year to be sorting this kind of thing out but doesnt hurt to try.

saying that though it depends on the type of fishing your into and what ya can get going.

I must admit I used to enjoy the pub fishing matches and the banter before and after fishing it just doesn't seem to happen now days .

we'll have to see how many we can get involved on sheffield forum and go from there. ya never know we might get a few .

might even open a new topic to see who would be interested.

might even be able to get where i work to sponsor it or something