*STOLEN* Custom bike from city centre

Hi,

I have joined Sheffield Forum in the hope of getting my bike back.

It is a one off custom that I built myself from scratch, custom painted and designed over the last 3-4 years. Some of the parts on it I bought over 16 years ago with a paper round when I had to graft to buy my first bike!

It's of huge sentimental value for a number of reasons and I offer a reward of £100 to anyone who helps get it back, which is more than what you could sell it for as a stolen bike! It was stolen out the bike store at Fitzwilliam Centre during the day and they cut a 4ft hole in the side of the store to get at it!

It's a very distinctive KONA mountain bike in metallic blue with orange stickers and orange front suspension forks, it also has neon yellow brakes and red hubs.

I would hugely appreciate any help it getting this bike back

...I'll try and load a picture up but not sure how

Thanks

Mark

A link to a pic of the bike is below...

https://m.facebook.com/322014241248073/photos/pcb.877009045748587/877008405748651/?type=3&source=48

Edited by Marky81
and link for picture

There are some on the BT building opposite I'm going to go and see tomorrow

Marky, for photos on here just take a pic and upload to photo bucket or a similar hosting site, then post the link to your photo on here. No need to post another message-just edit your original post and paste it in.

Edited by Janus

There are some on the BT building opposite I'm going to go and see tomorrow

sorry to say none of those CCTC will face the Fitzwilliam centre, but I hope you find your bike good luck

Thanks for your replies folks...I appreciate you looking out

Best of luck, I had a Kona Shred bolt cropped from it's very decent bike-lock on a lovely summers lunchtime outside Boots at the bottom of Fargate while at least 50 people watched it being taken.

There are people going round tooled up looking for bikes like yours and mine. It will already be way out of the city and probably in pieces.

Richard

Goodluck Marky81, I feel your pain as my bike is my most prized possession. I hope that your bike finds it way back to you somehow.

Did you get anywhere with those BT CCTV cameras? I work for BT so might be able to help get you the footage if you are struggling.

I've not had chance to go over yet but will do tomorrow and then let you know

Thanks

Hi,

I have joined Sheffield Forum in the hope of getting my bike back.

It is a one off custom that I built myself from scratch, custom painted and designed over the last 3-4 years. Some of the parts on it I bought over 16 years ago with a paper round when I had to graft to buy my first bike!

It's of huge sentimental value for a number of reasons and I offer a reward of £100 to anyone who helps get it back, which is more than what you could sell it for as a stolen bike! It was stolen out the bike store at Fitzwilliam Centre during the day and they cut a 4ft hole in the side of the store to get at it!

It's a very distinctive KONA mountain bike in metallic blue with orange stickers and orange front suspension forks, it also has neon yellow brakes and red hubs.

I would hugely appreciate any help it getting this bike back

...I'll try and load a picture up but not sure how

Thanks

Mark

Best of luck finding it. Have you tried Facebook at all?

Yeah I've posted on Facebook. ..nearly 16000 views and over 100 shares! Thanks