Noisy neighbour Bell Hagg Road

So we have a new neighbour who is so chuffing inconsiderate, im writing to ask what to do but i already know the answer is naff all, i guess im just lookinng to vent!

he thinks its appropriate to get a circular saw going at 10pm or get a chain saw out at 9pm to trim his hedges… completes LOUD diy at about the same time too. 101 Wont do anything, the envirinmental health people want to come and sit in my house to listen but by the time bthey get their bums off chairs, the jack hammering has stopped and weve onky had to listen to him for 2 hours :( oh and i have a small baby who keeps getting woken up.

Last night he came back with about 20 people at 12am and blasted out really loud music. At 2:30 we had to go round as its wasnt going to stop and the police once again didnt care.

Ive been round 4 or 5 times to explain that we have a small child (who doesnt keep him up through the night btw) and every times apologises, says it wont happen again but always does. Last night woke loads of other houses up too, saw loads of lights come on. We live on a lovely quiet street, have done for 20 years with no problems like this

Fed up, tired, annoyed

Are either of you in Council owned property? If so the Council may co sier you suitable for mediation.

Is he renting? If so, hen you should consider contacting his LL.

Keep a diary of th events.

Environmental health will assess you and they may consider pitting in sound recording equipment, but its effectiveness is questionable.

Are either of you in Council owned property? If so the Council may co sier you suitable for mediation.

Is he renting? If so, hen you should consider contacting his LL.

Keep a diary of th events.

Environmental health will assess you and they may consider pitting in sound recording equipment, but its effectiveness is questionable.

Excellent advice . Have you considered becoming a volunteer for your local Citizens Advice Bureaux ? Full training is given and you can ask your supervisor for help if you are unsure about any issues .

So we have a new neighbour who is so chuffing inconsiderate, im writing to ask what to do but i already know the answer is naff all, i guess im just lookinng to vent!

he thinks its appropriate to get a circular saw going at 10pm or get a chain saw out at 9pm to trim his hedges… completes LOUD diy at about the same time too. 101 Wont do anything, the envirinmental health people want to come and sit in my house to listen but by the time bthey get their bums off chairs, the jack hammering has stopped and weve onky had to listen to him for 2 hours :( oh and i have a small baby who keeps getting woken up.

Last night he came back with about 20 people at 12am and blasted out really loud music. At 2:30 we had to go round as its wasnt going to stop and the police once again didnt care.

Ive been round 4 or 5 times to explain that we have a small child (who doesnt keep him up through the night btw) and every times apologises, says it wont happen again but always does. Last night woke loads of other houses up too, saw loads of lights come on. We live on a lovely quiet street, have done for 20 years with no problems like this

Fed up, tired, annoyed

Every sympathy on that, anyone who hasn't gone through it doesn't appreciate what it's like. It's just a build up of pressure and even when it's quiet you're waiting for it to start again.

Take the advice of others and report it to the council and the environmental health, and good luck.

When we went through this some years ago I used to think the best idea would be a hitman.

Thanks everyone, ill definitelybkeep a log, its just so frustrating!! xx

It's never a quick fix unfortunately as evidence needs to be gathered before any action is taken. As gomgeg says, anyone not experiencing noise nuisance won't know just how wearing it is. As well as logging any disturbance, keep ringing 101 and put that in your notes too.

Zanna...i presume you have a smart phone with a video function??

could be worth a video or 2 with sound!