Ebay advice please

My problem is since an ebay update a couple of months ago l can't figure out how to put up a listing on my ebay android app. I click on the Sell something today icon and it brings up a screen that says " enter a descriptive title blah blah" with eBays example above. Next to the title space is a barcode icon. My problem is after lve entered my description l can't get any further. There doesn't seem to be any other icons to press except the bar code one and a X to cancel and go back. Ive uninstalled the app a few times in case of a problem but still the same. Am l missing something obvious or could there be something wrong somewhere. Everything was a breeze before the update and you can't undo it. Any help appreciated.

Have you tried using the mobile web version?

Might be a problem with the latest update for the app, im unable to check as im on ios

You enter a descriptive title, and it will automatically bring up a suggestion below based on what you typed / previous ads...

You can either touch one of the options, or select to start fresh....

once you select one of the options, it gives you a list of things to do, and once you have completed each one (green tick) it'll list...

they actually made it easier, and step by step imho....

Ghozer

The page l would be looking at is as follows from top to bottom.

Sell an item............. X(to cancel and go back)

Ebays suggestion of a title description

a search icon at the side of the space for My description X(cancel description) barcode icon.

if l type a description it comes up with suggestions below and if l click on one it is put up as My description, but thats as far l get. The search icon does nothing. The X's just take you back and the barcode becomes a scanner l suppose.

I read the comments on play store and decided not to update. There are loads of complaints about the recent update.

Ghozer

The page l would be looking at is as follows from top to bottom.

Sell an item............. X(to cancel and go back)

Ebays suggestion of a title description

a search icon at the side of the space for My description X(cancel description) barcode icon.

if l type a description it comes up with suggestions below and if l click on one it is put up as My description, but thats as far l get. The search icon does nothing. The X's just take you back and the barcode becomes a scanner l suppose.

Yeah, I know.... that's what it should do.....

here's what I do..

Open App

Click "Sell" across the top..

press the "sell something today"

type in a title... (do not press the icon, just type, and wait a few secs)

touch a suggestion below

it will then come up with a list, some will have green ticks next to them, some won't.... go into each of these and edit the details... once done, click continue...

(you do need an active internet / data connection for it to work)

Ghozer

As an example say l want to put as my description

" dr martens size 8"

If l start to type it will come up with suggestions below ie dr martens size 1, size2 etc etc.

If l click on one it goes on my title space. Thats it nothing else happens. My cursor just flashes at the end of the text.

Ghozer

As an example say l want to put as my description

" dr martens size 8"

If l start to type it will come up with suggestions below ie dr martens size 1, size2 etc etc.

If l click on one it goes on my title space. Thats it nothing else happens. My cursor just flashes at the end of the text.

Have you left it for a while after selecting a suggestion?

or, the top option should be to continue with your description, and then it'll give you blank everything...

If it's not working, go into your settings, into Application manager, and find the ebay app...

Open it up, and Clear Cache and/or data...

You will need to log back into ebay via the app after, but it should clear any issues or settings etc....

Hi Ghozer

done all that and nothing . Uninstalled it etc. Nothing

Don't know if this is related to an ISSUE but since the update.

If l want to search ebay for something l type my search word(s).sometimes it it comes up with related suggestions below l click on one and a list of items comes up. However l cannot enter my own search word and press search .lf my search word doesn't appear below it just says search for a ebay username. But if l use the speak function and enter the same word it does list those items .

say search words are "ian heaps" no suggestions appear and it says search username. However if l speak it a list of auctions related appear.

---------- Post added 12-12-2015 at 20:42 ----------

Im using a galaxy s3 running android 4.3 by the way maybe compatibility probs?

Hi Ghozer

done all that and nothing . Uninstalled it etc. Nothing

Don't know if this is related to an ISSUE but since the update.

If l want to search ebay for something l type my search word(s).sometimes it it comes up with related suggestions below l click on one and a list of items comes up. However l cannot enter my own search word and press search .lf my search word doesn't appear below it just says search for a ebay username. But if l use the speak function and enter the same word it does list those items .

say search words are "ian heaps" no suggestions appear and it says search username. However if l speak it a list of auctions related appear.

---------- Post added 12-12-2015 at 20:42 ----------

Im using a galaxy s3 running android 4.3 by the way maybe compatibility probs?

Honestly, without seeing it, I couldn't say.... I can't quite figure out what's happening from your description... apps usually either, work, or don't work... not varied....

Do you have any screen enhancements installed, things that auto-balance the screen colour or brightness etc.... They can some times affect search inputs...