: oops : i dont think i shouldve done that

just got a mini usb vacuum for £1.99 today, was trying it out, then i thought id put it in my pc repair toolbox........all good and well

the box is in a large cardboard box here next to the puter, its a bit of a tight squeeze to get it in, unfortunately it shoved a scaner thats on the top backwards and that switched the puter off in full flow

my it wont find my hard drive and cdrw drive that are on my secondary ide connection :(

its finding my main hdd and dvdrw drive that are on the primary

VERY unlikly that it caused any damage. simply check the ide cables are still in, and load bios sometimes thats all it takes. because bios will scan for the drives and pick them up.

Let me know :)

panic over

i tried rebooting 5 times.........nothing (primary drives only)

just switched off while i had mi tea, switched back on and ive got all primary and secondary drives now

it mustve just been stunned

note to self.......dont push scanner back onto plug socket in future

These £1.99 USB vacs - they seem like a bargain at the time..... look what trouble they can cause ;)

Did the monitor brightness 'dip' when you did the carpet? And does it come with an attachment to clean venetian blinds? :D

These £1.99 USB vacs - they seem like a bargain at the time..... look what trouble they can cause ;)

Did the monitor brightness 'dip' when you did the carpet? And does it come with an attachment to clean venetian blinds? :D

LOL

i'd be there all week doing the carpet

With todays systems I dont think that an accidental loss of power causes that much trouble, I'm quite clumsy & have knocked the power off a few times but nothing has gone wrong yet! (fingers crossed)