Sheffield Forum Meet Up revivial.

I know these used to happen some time ago but can't see any recent evidence. However, there does seem to be a lot of people "struggling to make friends" or similar, in the city, so should we revive the meet ups? I know not everyone likes pubs but in order to get some plan together a meeting in one (to make it free) makes sense to me.

Just reply if you'd be interested.

I think they fell apart for a few reasons, I did go to a few of the Harlequin meets, but then various things happened, some people stopped coming, groups broke off, people fell out.... Similar to the actual forum, but in person... lol....

I think a group still meets at Rawson Springs on odd occasions, but not sure....

I might be up for a meet though, depending where and when etc...

:hihi:might turn into a bloodbath, although it would be interesting to see some of the keyboard warriors and who they really are:hihi:

We could contact The Guinness Book of Records and try a set a record for the "Highest number of pessimists in one room", if this forum's general demeanour is anything to go it will be smashed.

We could contact The Guinness Book of Records and try a set a record for the "Highest number of pessimists in one room", if this forum's general demeanour is anything to go it will be smashed.

I like that !!!

I think they fell apart for a few reasons, I did go to a few of the Harlequin meets, but then various things happened, some people stopped coming, groups broke off, people fell out.... Similar to the actual forum, but in person... lol....

I think a group still meets at Rawson Springs on odd occasions, but not sure....

I might be up for a meet though, depending where and when etc...

I never noticed anyone falling out.

I quite enjoyed them and went to loads.

I never noticed anyone falling out.

I quite enjoyed them and went to loads.

I've met ash at a few forum meets but he probably doesn't remember me !::hihi:

Back in the old days you could rely upon a forummer being who they said they were, even if you didn't get on. It's difficult to arrange meets with fictitious people and false constructs.

I went to a few and met my OH at one, six years ago.

are those with multiple forum names going to keep running to the loo to get changed each time they have something to say as one username or another?

are those with multiple forum names going to keep running to the loo to get changed each time they have something to say as one username or another?

If they have got multiple accounts, the mods are a bit keen on cracking down on that.

And a mod there would just put the dampers on everything!...Wouldn't it?...:)