Where in sheffield can I buy video tapes?

You are a weird human being RickyM. Just thought I'd point that out ;)

Cheers.......I'll get some as I still like to record a programme now and then.

unless the video recorer has a digital tv tuner you will not be able to record tv programs

You have to plug in an older digibox that has a scart socket.

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

You have to plug in an older digibox that has a scart socket.

didnt know you could do that,but i have to ask why would anyone want to .

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed quote tags

This Ricky bloke is literally crying out for help. How can we fail a fellow forum member so badly. It's 2015 and he's recording television program's on a VCR!!! Imagine if he meets a woman and brings her back for "coffee", she's going to take one look at that VCR and think he's either insane or incredibly cheap.

This Ricky bloke is literally crying out for help. How can we fail a fellow forum member so badly. It's 2015 and he's recording television program's on a VCR!!! Imagine if he meets a woman and brings her back for "coffee", she's going to take one look at that VCR and think he's either insane or incredibly cheap.

I bring them back to listen to my 78rpm records on my HMV stereogram. Nothing like a few Nellie Wallace records to stir the passions, and as an extra treat a drink of tap water out of my tin mug.

---------- Post added 10-12-2015 at 10:44 ----------

didnt know you could do that,but i have to ask why would anyone want to .

Because its the only way you can record TV programmes using a VCR recorder, unless it has a tuner for digital broadcasts.

I bring them back to listen to my 78rpm records on my HMV stereogram. Nothing like a few Nellie Wallace records to stir the passions, and as an extra treat a drink of tap water out of my tin mug.

I usually stick on the extended version of Das Boot.

I usually stick on the extended version of Das Boot.

Especially with subtitles in Eskaluetian!

Especially with subtitles in Eskaluetian!

I think that that version was only released onto VHS tape. Now I've thrown out my VCR I can't watch it any more. If only I knew someone who had a VCR!

I can't understand that version as it's in an obsolete dialect.

I have 2 VHS machines, come in useful for the many pre-recorded tapes that can be got from the charity shops.

I could do with a betamax machine as I have some old tapes, but they now tend to ask high prices- this one isn't even working

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-C7-Betamax-Video-Cassette-Recorder-VCR-Spares-Repair-/272061684656?hash=item3f5823dbb0:g:Y8gAAOSwbdpWXKEy

Sorry to revive an old thread but thought I'd provide an update.......

I never did buy or find any videos and realise that most people aren't interested in them anymore (justified) so have given up looking.

The reason I asked on here was that I thought I could get films on the cheap as DVDs have replaced old VHS.

I've still got my VCR player and a few videos but it's not likely I'll have it much longer as the quality of the videos is declining and will soon be un-watchable.

Thanks to everyone that read and contributed.

Im sure I have a bag full of VCR movies in my loft. Would you still be interested? :rolleyes: I will check and inbox you with details if I have got them.

If they're Scotch video tapes, could you claim some money back under their lifetime guarantee? How does the advert go -
:hihi:

haha i was going to put that :hihi:

loved that advert