Donald Trump 'Ban all Muslims from entering USA"

Is this a Fascist statement?

I agree with RJ . But being a dick head doesn't make you a facists.

Fascism is a distinct political phenomena . There are different kinds: German, Italian and Spanish. Fascism is opposed to democracy of any political complexion

.Authoritarianism is not the same as Fascism. They are commonly conflated and seen as being the same . Trump as a long way to go yet, before he can join the ranks of the fascists.

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 14:02 ----------

That's completely illogical. Just because there are other causes of an outcome does not stop a particular cause of an outcome being responsible in a particular case. If country A has a huge drink driving problem and country B has a huge speeding problem both of which result in large numbers of deaths your logic dictates we can blame neither speeding or drink driving as a cause of road deaths as each is not the cause in one of the countries. Thats clearly not the case.

Quick (out of curiosity).

As you are clearly interested in Logic ,can you please-very briefly- write a definition of the , "Fallacy Of The Undistributed Middle" ? If it's too much trouble ,that's ok. Thank you.

Edited by petemcewan

I strongly suspect that the Donald is just having a little fun at the expense of the Republican Party. He has the money to do it. He will not win the Presidency. There are too many voters around with the common sense not to consider it. He even had Sarah Palin endorsing him fer crissake. Good luck with that. In the meantime he's enjoying himself I ought to suggest to him to get a SF membership, he'd die laughing.

I strongly suspect that the Donald is just having a little fun at the expense of the Republican Party. He has the money to do it. He will not win the Presidency.

I also think he might be having a bit of a laugh with this whole business. One thing nobody would accuse him of is lacking in a sense of theater and humor. I've certainly enjoyed it.

of course won't get the presidency. But he might still pull the unlikely event off and just get the nomination. It is still early days but he is definitely the man to beat, ahead of Cruz, although Rubio has now pulled massively clear as the bookies favorite. Rubio is the one who looks like he'll get a bit of momentum in the next few weeks. It could well be a Republican convention to remember in Cleveland in July.

I also think he might be having a bit of a laugh with this whole business. One thing nobody would accuse him of is lacking in a sense of theater and humor. I've certainly enjoyed it.

of course won't get the presidency. But he might still pull the unlikely event off and just get the nomination. It is still early days but he is definitely the man to beat, ahead of Cruz, although Rubio has now pulled massively clear as the bookies favorite. Rubio is the one who looks like he'll get a bit of momentum in the next few weeks. It could well be a Republican convention to remember in Cleveland in July.

Whilst I find the man, his views and his hair all equally repugnant, it might shake up politics up for a non-politician to take a run at the top job. I can see why voters connect with him (albeit thick racist ones).

The key right now is New Hampshire, they're a bunch of no nonsense New England Republican Yankees, and I doubt the Trump magic will work on them. The younger voters may give him some thought but they don't come out and vote much. Its old fogys like me, worried about our pensions and the cost of the next bottle of Canadian Club who do. (It's cheap in New Hampshire, no sales tax, no state income tax)

The key right now is New Hampshire, they're a bunch of no nonsense New England Republican Yankees, and I doubt the Trump magic will work on them. The younger voters may give him some thought but they don't come out and vote much. Its old fogys like me, worried about our pensions and the cost of the next bottle of Canadian Club who do. (It's cheap in New Hampshire, no sales tax, no state income tax)

If New Hampshire has no sales tax and no income tax, where do they get the money for public services? I thought that education and policing, amongst other things, were funded by the primarily by the state in the US.

I know that the federal government contributes, but they surely can't manage on that alone.

Is it property taxes?

I just hope people are realising what right-wing America looks like. Its a right freaking mess. More than the other side, who are also in a mess just not so much. Hilary will win.

I just hope people are realising what right-wing America looks like. Its a right freaking mess. More than the other side, who are also in a mess just not so much. Hilary will win.

It is a jolly interesting political system. Nobody is ever really in charge.

The democrats want more public spending and the republicans want lower taxes. This seems to routinely result in a compromise of lower taxes and more public spending.

If New Hampshire has no sales tax and no income tax, where do they get the money for public services? I thought that education and policing, amongst other things, were funded by the primarily by the state in the US.

I know that the federal government contributes, but they surely can't manage on that alone.

Is it property taxes?

I have no idea why, and frequently ask myself why, but it is a reasonably well run and prosperous place. It gets a lot of business from the other New England States including this one,as well as New York. My son Mike is a graduate of Keene State University in NH. The fees there were always less than the University of Connecticut.